SAU Community

4Wd Light Issues

mattie4270

OK Guys,ive read so much on here about attessa issues but my car has got me stuffed so would appreciate any opinions.Cars an R32 gtr running about 550kws.Bought it 3 years ago with the abs already removed.Car was running 400kws then,flogged the crap out of it,had no 4wd problems at all.Then all i did was build a new forged engine chasing more power and now the 4wd light comes on every now and then,and you can feel it switch to 2wd(wheelspin).Just cruising it never does it,but when i do a full on launch,just before pulling 2nd gear it sometimes comes on.Probably about 1 in 5 launches,WEIRD?Quite often before i pull over the light goes out so the LED codes in the boot are gone.Now today they stayed on and i got codes 8 an 9,abs actuator motor,motor relay or circuit and abs actuator relay or circuit.Every time it happens,if i turn the ignition off then back on it comes good again.Not sure what the previous owner did to the wiring when the abs was removed but it worked fine for 2years with the old engine.Im an electrician but this has got me stuffed,what do you guys reckon?Cheers Matt

Check your earths are clean and make sure the starter motor has its wires on properly. Main earths to check are battery, main engine, alternator and coil igniter, These are the ones that cause the most problems after a rebuild.keep us updated.

They are but the earth issues are the first and easiest ones to fix up before you look at anything else. Just pull the bolts, degrease, sand the contact and body until you see metal and bolt it back up. And check your starter motor wires. There is also an earth point on the head near the front of the plenum that if you are anal you can run an 8G wire to the body where the block earth attaches to.