SAU Community

Coolant Flow With Ffp, Factory Oil Cooloer Removal?

Hi,

Doin a bit of a build on my r34 gtt and trying to sort out the water hoses,

I installed a plazmaman manifold a while ago and want to make sure all the coolant hoses look right and none of the coolant will become stagnant. Are any of the coolant hoses unneeded? i am trying to clean up the engine bay as much as possible.

Hopefully everything should be understandable from the pictures.

Also wondering what is done with the factory engine oil cooler when an aftermarket external one is fitted?

Can anything be done about the factory IAC/AAC when using a haltec platinum pro?

IAC Systempost-90047-0-13267800-1440823037_thumb.png

Full systempost-90047-0-17619600-1440823117_thumb.png

Hi,

Also wondering what is done with the factory engine oil cooler when an aftermarket external one is fitted?

I'm not going to comment on any of the hoses, but I will say that the "factory engine oil cooler" is not so much a cooler as it is a warmer. It was intended to bring the oil and coolant up to temperature more evenly as an emissions improving thing. It also has the side effect of bringing the engine up to temperature more evenly from a cold start which is a good thing in itself, independent of emissions considerations.

On that basis, the best thing to do is to leave it there and let it do what it's supposed to.

I think I am going to remove the 2 hoses from the intake runner ( yellow,yellow and yellow,blue).

When a greddy or similar ffp is used those hoses wouldn't exist so removing them shouldn't cause any ill effect?

I'm also looking for a heater hose kit to replace all the moulded hoses, but can't find one for r34 gtt, some of the hoses in other kits look similar but there are still some hoses that I cannot identify

• 4 weeks later...