SAU Community

how effective are?

Hey guys just wanting to find out some feedback from those club locks you can buy, atm i am awaiting my car alarm and my car sleeps out in the street as i cant get in in my driveway. ans i must say i am not sleeping well with my car outside with no protection.

they not good ... the theives may "not" be able to steal the car but they can smash ur window or do anything else they want ... if i were u i'd get an alarm asap at least .. make sure its loud too and has all those other good features u find in the expensive setups ... u'll regret it bad if something happened and u put it off .. when i got my skyline it was the first thing i did and my car never got broken into ever!!

They are by far the best visual deterent you can get.

But keep in mind, that if someone is REALLY keen to steal your car, then they will.

The only quick way of getting a steering lock off is to cut the steering wheel.

When it comes to car theft, the only thing you can do is slow the thieves down.

The more things you put in their way, the more likely they are to move onto the next car.

Without a doubt, go out and buy one, but don't rely on it as a sole form of protection.

Some people think "I have an alarm so I don't need a steering lock" well..... it's those same people who come along and say "My car has been stolen, i had an alarm..."

It's pointless relying on just one form of protection.

Think like a criminal...... if you went into a car park, and saw a 200B with a steering lock, a Cortina with a big dog, and a Skyline with an alarm, which one would you choose to steal?

ps. those standard club locks can be taken apart within a minute by an expert dickhead

....which makes an extra minute that they could be caught in the act.

With an alarm alone, the whole car can be gone in less than 15 seconds. :(

true

i just cant stop pushing the autolok on SAU its a real good product.

unbranded-steering-wheel-lock.jpg

unpickable is its claim (well within the sort of time a theif would have)

Hardened steel shield which simply slides over the steering wheel to give maximum security to both the car and driver's airbag.

Features a unique locking bar system, which deadlocks without needing the key.

High security anti-pick disk detainer lock with over 1 million different key combinations.

Telescopic hardened steel arm restricts steering wheel movement and retracts into the unit for easy storage.

Finished in highly visible bright yellow, fits all standard size steering wheels from 350 to 400mm.

Key registration service included to protect from loss of keys.

Manufacturer's 3 year guarantee.

Unique use to sell this lock that kinda worked like a club lock, except they lock the brake pedal and clutch together.

Can't drive away with the brake and clutch moving in unison now can ya....

wil..

A frient of mine has is commodore parked in his driveway (on a main road). He had a steering wheel lock. He found his car with the rear wheels in the gutter, his steering wheel on the back seat (the lock still on the wheel). The only thing that stoped them from stealing the car was that he had bugger all petrol left in the car!!!!

I guess if you've got a steering wheel lock, that gear shifter lock, and the clutch/brake lock, plus an immobiliser, and alarm you should be pretty much right then yeah?

....until someone comes along with a flatbed.

wil..

I guess if you've got a steering wheel lock, that gear shifter lock, and the clutch/brake lock, plus an immobiliser, and alarm you should be pretty much right then yeah?

....until someone comes along with a flatbed.

wil..

smash proof windows and clamps on every wheel

then you'd be set

and a ring of fire with a loop of miniguns setup with sensors surrounding the car 24hrs a day

256image42.jpg

Bolted onto a bit of plastic?

Originally Posted by wilch

Unique use to sell this lock that kinda worked like a club lock, except they lock the brake pedal and clutch together.

That would work wonders in an auto :)

That would work wonders in an auto :)

umm yeah... you lock the accelerator and the brake together in the auto :)

I like the look of that AutoLok..... how much do they retail for?

The main draw back with something like that is its sheer size... people wouldn't be too keen on having something that large floating around in the cabin of the car... when you consider that under impact a tissue box can do damage equivalent to a house brick, something that big would have the ability to take your head clean off! :Oops:

if your talking about the wheel, it sits nicely on the floor behind the back seat with the fin pointing up so its pretty secure there

got it for about 200-250 (cant quite remember)

i think the handbrake to gearstick one is closer to 100-150.

Where are the securing points?

From the handbrake/gearstick picture it looks like you could screw off the gearknob and lift the device off?