SAU Community

West Yokohama

DieselTime

West Yokohama

Hey all,

Been interested in getting my hands on a more aggressive front bar for my R34 for a while now. Like pretty much everyone ever I'm a big fan of the East Bear look, but at $3000 odd from RHDJapan just for the front bar and bonnet I probably won't be affording that any time soon. I've heard about a similar style bar from a brand called West Yokohama that uses the stock GT/GTT hood, however I can't find much on em besides the Japanese website which I can't read. Anybody got any ideas where I could get my hands on one?

Cheers

Yeah man, heaps of times. He's an Aussie that lives in Japan, used to buy stuff off Yahoo Auctions Japan for you, wrap it up and ship it to you. He can also get parts from other sources (e.g. directly from manufacturers). You just have to tell him what to buy. Easy to deal with and his price breakdown is excellent.

I bought about 4 sets of wheels, some other smaller things like gauges, headlights and what not, and also a Cusco brake master cylinder stopper/brace directly from Cusco. Just remember shipping [non-organic] body parts are expensive due to dimensions, but Jesse packages them well.

Tip: It helps to put some information in your profile, doesn't have to be detailed but things like what car(s) you have and general location, so you can get better answers.

Thanks dude, solid advice.

I live in Melbourne for the record, don't suppose you'd have any clue on the price of shipping body parts like a front bar (as opposed to something smaller, eg. fenders)? RHDJapan quoted me a little over a grand for the East Bear GTS-R front bar + hood package which seemed pretty exorbitant. 

Well I took your advice and contacted Jesse Streeter, apparently they've put a potentially permanent hiatus on shipping large aero parts due to the ridiculous costs. Super helpful guy though.

Is getting items sent via sea an option for most companies or would I have to find someone specific to do it?