SAU Community

boost docs replacement upper radiator hose outlet

Found I have a pin hole in my upper radiator hose and it sends a pretty nice steady piss stream out when the car gets warmed up so I will be replacing my cooling hoses here in the very near future. I have already had to trim that same hose back about due to the hose outlet being corroded as they always are on 25's so I figure that would be a good time to replace the outlet also. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with the boost doc replacement fitting? https://www.boostdoc.com.au/product/rb25-top-radiator-hose-outlet/

any issues with it leaking?

tips for getting the old fitting out?

has anyone actually done it in car as they advertise?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't used the Boost Doc piece but I have replaced the same pipe on one of my RB25s with a similar piece I bought from Unique Auto Sports. I can't remember if I did it on car or not but you should be fine either way. Depending on how corroded yours is you may be able to get some multigrips on it, twist it around and work it loose. Failing that I'd use a cold chisel to collapse it in on itself then it should pull right out. The replacement should be a slight interference fit and tap in however in my case the fit as it was a little loose so I used some JB weld as extra assurance. That was 6 or 7 years ago, no leaks or problems since.