SAU Community

M35 audio change

MrStabby

Currently i need to plug my phone in with a cable to play music in my Stag, and i want to change to bluetooth and keep the center console volume button working as it does now.

An aftermarket head unit had been installed in the passenger side slot where the navigation system usually lives, and the navigation system was retained but moved underneath. The aftermarket head unit daisy chains with the factory system such that when TV is selected on the center console, i can play music from my phone via cable. The audio appears to work by connections run from the head unit to the factory TV box at the rear of the car. Makes sense that the audio works when TV is selected.

Question - is there any weird dependencies that will mean i can't take the Nav unit and TV unit out of the system? I'm hoping i can just splice the audio out from the new headunit into the audio out from the TV box.

I'd focus on getting the new aftermarket wired into the speakers directly rather than routing through the factory tuner.

If it's the integrated model, I have seen guides on bypassing or powering the factory Bose amp otherwise just run new speakers into the doors (bonus being you've got new wiring if you want to upgrade the system with a decent amp down the track).

If you're ripping the screen and buttons out, I may be interested in buying it from you.