SAU Community

98 r34 gtt front fender inner plastic guard (protector)

Can some one clarify and or post some pictures of how the inner front fender "protector" (rear half) connects to the front fender????

main question and struggle is does the lip of the inner fender plastic protector guard go under or over the lip of the fender above the wheel?

and so should the lip of the fender be visible or should you see the edge of the inner fender protector guard over lapping the fender lip?

and so the "clips" that hold them on would go through the guard then into the fender?  or through the fender into the guard?

(my guess would be the clip goes through the guard then into the fender, if they used "standard" push in body clip but all these items are gone and i cant find any wear or indent showing me how they once where installed)

Edited by JC71

did find that it appears they don't use push in clips, rather a clip on retainer that uses a small screw, but still uncertain as the stack order.

A word of caution. We don't use the word fender here. What you call the fender, we call the guard (well, technically and more fully, the mudguard).

We'd call the plastic the guard liner or something similar. Or the fender liner, seeing as we're hit with so much American influence. But I digress.

The plastic is concealed. If you look up towards the lip (fender/guard lip), you see metal. The plastic is behind/on top. Exposed plastic is nasty.