SAU Community

98 rb25det neo ac compressor hose connections

can some one tell me where these two hoses from the ac compressor are suppose to be connected to?

the front one on mine has been plugged with a bolt...

I searched the online manuals etc. but could not locate it

( i realize the pic is of the rb25de and not the det but I could not get a clear picture of mine, googled this image which shows clearly the two lines I am referring to)

thanks

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JC71

odd, the front hose on mine has been cut off short and has a bolt in it with a clamp, the rear one curls under the pass side next to the head, (similar to the one in the picture) and I cant see where it goes....the power steering does appear to be working. any ideas why the front one would be cut and blocked?

Edited by JC71

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are talking about two different things....I am not talking about the "main" hoses that go to and from the pump but the two small hoses that both come off the top...

OK, I just looked at the photo for the first time.

Those hoses are probably vacuum. Where they go to/from is a mystery to me, as my Neo turbo PS pump does not have that on the pump outlet connection. You'll notice almost any search for "Neo power steering pump" will turn up pictures with out that can and the smaller hoses.

But with a little more effort, you get this. Only respect the answer from Fit_Cow.

• Like 1