SAU Community

Smashed my R33 GTS-T =(

i was driving down a street near my house during summer last year and there was a cat sniffing something in the middle of the road. i slowed right down and went to the left of it and as soon as i got within 5feet, it ran straight under my car and out the other side. it was nuts!!! that cat had super powers

i was driving down a street near my house during summer last year and there was a cat sniffing something in the middle of the road. i slowed right down and went to the left of it and as soon as i got within 5feet, it ran straight under my car and out the other side. it was nuts!!! that cat had super powers

you know what they say.... nine lives

I know exactly what it feels like :)

I bought an R32 GTS-t, and was driving it around for 2 weeks... one night coming through a new estate near my house, there was a straight with an s-bend at the end, and it wasn't very well lit... anyway, i went into the s-bend about 60 (speed limit) and in the middle of the corner was a cat... now, i didn't swerve or anything, but without thinking, jumped on the brakes...

big no no....

Rear end stepped out, hit the gutter, flung the steering wheel outta my hands and i mounted the gutter, over about 3 of those big fat poles around a park that are meant to keep cars out, over a few small trees and ended up smacking into a park bench.

Luckily i had just forked out $2600 for comprehensive insurance, so after $6000 damage to the car, hopefully i am going to get it back on friday. Luckily it was mainly cosmetic, and very superficial (2 front guards, grille, headlights, front bar, plus a few bent suspension components from the gutter, exhaust, sump etc)

However, its really shaken me up, i don't like driving anywhere any more, was even considering selling the car at one point, due to the fact that this is the first time i've had comprehensive insurance, so no rating (have had about 3 other cars, but all insured 3rd party) and now i am worried they won't insure me next year due to this bad luck :D

Sprinter.

When you get the car back make 100% sure the headlights line up the same.. All the paint is in excellent condition and there is minimal orange peel.

Check the car over and get back to your insurance company if there are any problems that suggest the car has been in an accident. After a repair you shouldn't be able to tell it has been in a prang even if looking for it.

Thats what my insurance company told me and I have had the car back there to get the headlights fixed up and resprayed for a second time.

Thanks for the advice... the insurance company is already probably going to tell me to bend over next year, so i may as well get it fixed right.

Just a question though Joel... when you say make sure the headlights line up, do you mean the gaps look even around the headlight the whole way? or is there a certain way its done, etc?

Yer the gaps and also how to inner edge of the light lines up with the bumper and grill.

Looking at your front lights they looking like the older type-m's I had.

The newer type-M head lights light up the road much much better, don't look as nice as and also have a slightly different lense where the grill is. In turn it causes them to look like they stick out past the bonnet a little.

Just make sure everything lines up perfectly. There is no reason why they can't get it back to normal it just takes a little bit of time and fiddling which most of the time they are not willing to do.