SAU Community

dr30 at J14

rsx84

went to the fast fours jamboree today saw some mad cars and even better times but was surprized to see a 2door DR30 there,l spoke to the bloke saw him do a pass 14.4 i think at 9? miles an hour, heres some pics.

FJ all the way he said with a shit load of work! he was saying he was having trouble with wheel spin running 235's, very nice car outside and in. he said he's from Gympie drove down for the meet, there was also a 4door DR there too i think it was the one from HPI on the coast didn't see it? took me r31 as a part of the r31skyline club here in QLD...

good morning, did u see Theo race his white, castrol sponsored 32 gtr? If so, how did he go? Where there any other quick GTR's there? I heard Kier Wilson was also racing?

THANKS

yeah two runs for the castrol gtr into the 10's, there were also a few other gtrs into the 12's, one head to head run by a blue (very stock looking) r34 gtr and a silver slightly modded looking r34 gtr both ran high 12's my mate may have the run on film i'll ask later today. a lot of r33 gts-ts running also 12's as well. might go back for the finals today if i'm alive..

u should definately go today because an episode of 'Fat Pizza' is being filmed there. Habib and Pauly are judging the bikini babe contest. Should be really funny. You should get in the crowd, right up the front so u can get on the tV :D Maybe you should leave now so you can get in the front row!!!

FJ all the way he said with a shit load of work!

Dear oh dear,why do people have to bullsH!t about there cars? UNLESS this guy has done some major work on it since purchasing it--and it doesn't look like it from the pics--then it's near stock.....It's the late model high comp engine,with the old T3 on it.Runs 14psi (well,used to) and has an intercooler that's surposedly off a light truck (torque-liner or such) exhaust and air filter.....that's it.

went to the fast fours jamboree today saw some mad cars and even better times but was surprized to see a 2door DR30 there,l spoke to the bloke saw him do a pass 14.4 i think at 9? miles an hour, heres some pics.

Even with wheelspin/traction issues, 90 odd mile an hour terminal speed isnt that great for a dr with a "shit load of work" done to it..

What did the other 4 door dr do time wise??

• 2 months later...

hi, was just told about this thread so sorry of its lateness. I now own this car which i brought off a bloke call darren. the only changes made to the car since buying it have been fixing the one of the bilstrin shocks twice, a new alternator, a new head after i bent 2 valves(this was fixed just before jambo). Traction is a problem as it either bogs down or just go's into wheelspin. My 4 runs at the jambo were 13.9 @ 101.81, 14.1 @ 101.17, 14.2 @ 100.74, 14.3 @101.6. after xmas i plan to replace the gearbox with a RB20 box, fit better tyre then the one from the jambo and hopefully it will show its true colours.

robert

I thought the FJ box was stronger than the RB20 box, but not the RB25 one?

Nope RB20 is stronger then FJ, but the RB25 kills the pair of them with strength, think of the RB25 box as the same as a GTR box without the transfer case on it :D

this is what i was told on FJ20.com

"The only thing that I would add is that my T box was replaced by a RB20DET box. The RB shifter is a lot better (it self centers on 3-4), the box length is the same and it has that larger front counter shaft bearing which is important. There are other advantages such as heavier selectors too.

It was a straight bolt up after doing some top bolt holes relocation to the front casing on a mill."

is the RB25 box the same lenght as the RB20?

robert