SAU Community

weird engine trouble :(

ASYLUM

car was fine on monday, running great as always and i had booked it in for its 100,000k service with SST.

come tuesday i am driving back from work (after finding that some idiot had put chewing gum on my windows) only to notice the battery and HICAS lights flicker on and off a couple of times. a few minutes later my car felt and sounded like it was running rough (missing a cylinder).

drove to work the next day and again it was fine but again driving home it did the same as before only this time when idling the car revved itself a few times then cut out, again flashing the HICAS and battery and oil lights.

doing the same thing today except it didn't run fine this morning. checked the oil and everything last night and i can't figure out what the problem is, though i am no qualified mechanic.

hopefully SST can sort it next week. until then... any ideas ?? anyone had this happen ??

:D

man that one beats me, dont know y all those lights would be flashing, have u got or know neone with another NA, i would borrow there ecu and plug it in and see if it solves ur problems.... definately electrical.

• 2 weeks later...

took it in to SST's new workshop for it's service etc, tuneup was great for the first half hour of driving but alas didn't solve the problem :D now it's burning oil with blue smoke pouring out of the exhaust and it's gotten even worse since the service.

it's going back into SST tomorrow so ant can check the detenation sensors and computer etc though i think it might have been a fuelling issue. hopefully it gets sorted and when i do find out what it was i'll be sure to fill you in. :)

hey. sorry to hijack this threa. I got some sort of weird engine trouble as well. me and my mate took my na line out for a right royal thrashin, and now when the whole car shakes with vibrations. Feels like a bolt has come loose holdin the engine together. Anyone had this problem b4???

that was my first thought too :P but SST have changed all the plugs.

so far SST have swapped parts in and out and ruled out everything apart from the ECU and the airflow metre...

plus it is over fueling at low revs, which is odd seeing as i have never adjusted the fueling.

*sigh*

• 1 month later...

ok so far it's nothing electrical.

new battery has gone in and have swapped over evey conceivable part.

injectors have come out and been cleaned and are going back in today... hopefully this will fix it...

been so long since i have driven my poor car :)