SAU Community

My new front & dump pipe setup, is it any good?

AnFz

Hey guys,

Figuring that my stock RB20 dump bolted on to the back of my RB25 turbo with a 3" exhuast all the way wasnt fllowing to its potential, I went in search for a new setup.

With inspiration from CES, I wanted to acheive something like this:

gts-t_dump_pipe.jpg

But I didnt agree much with the price tag :confused:

So anyways I grabbed my self a 3" screamer pipe, and asked an exhuast shop to fabbricate a pipe and join it all up in a similar fashion.

The exhaust shop didnt however tap in on the same length or the same angle, what I have now looks a bit like my attachment. (see below)

attachment.php?attachmentid=23667

(BTW: I'm not all that artistic, so no bagging please :uhh: hehe )

My question is ; The setup how it is now, the wastegate pipe comming directly down, will this be still creating turbulance anyway? What do you guys think?

BTW, I wasnt happy with the shop in Victoria, very unprofessional, and came across that they really didnt know what they were doing, and seemed bored :spew:

If its as you illustrate then I would think it was a waste of money as its probably worse than before.

Although the gases probably have lost a bit of heat and velocity any input of extra gasses at right angles at WOT is NOT good.

Much better to have it going in on a steep angle with a slight bit of pipe inside so the passing gasses actualy help suck the WG gas into the stream.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth