SAU Community

R34 Auto SAFCII or Emanage?

Abo Bob

As some of you know I have a tiptronic R34 GTT with a modded stock ECU. This has the limiters taken off (ie, overboost, speed, etc) but only a tiny bit of fuel changes. I am trying to find out how tunable it is but don't have answers flying at me at the moment.

I'm thinking SAFC II or emanage. They should be a little easier to tune in some respects because the stock protection mechanisms have been removed but there is a definite cost difference.

$350-400 for SAFC II???

SAFC tune???

Emanage install and tune $1700+

I have stock turbo, stock cooler (soon to be changed) stock pump and stock injectors.

Does anyone know about costs of the above question marks?

Does this seem like a worthwhile place to save some money?

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Abo bob,

do you think you could take off the cover from your ECU and see if there is a smaller board with a ribbon cable connected to your main ECU board?

If it does then you can most likely get it re-maped.

Hi Abo Bob, I have chosen the SAFC for the Stagea. I see no advantage in the Emanage, as I am not confident in its ability to carry out ignition tuning and at the same time maintain shift quality and gearbox durability. In addition I have looked at a few dyno A/F results and the SAFC does as good a job, if not better than the Emanage at fuel tuning.

So I am going to spend the saved money on something that will give a measurable improvement, an adj exhaust camshaft pulley and a hi flow cat.

Easy choice for me :(

ed - you want me to remove the cover from the ecu box or see if there is something attached to the box?

sk - thanks for that, kinda what I was thinking. I suppose you'll do it yourself so there's no use asking you where to get it done?

ed - you want me to remove the cover from the ecu box or see if there is something attached to the box?

sk - thanks for that, kinda what I was thinking.  I suppose you'll do it yourself so there's no use asking you where to get it done?

Just remove the cover from the ECU. Perhaps take a photo too?

I am thinking that they might've put in a daughterboard to remove the limiters, in which case you can get the roms on the d/board retuned.