SAU Community

recomended replacement battery please

MRK25T

if you can find it get a POPE car battery. they are hand made and last forever. my dad put one in his sigma when he first bought it and it lasted longer than the car. now its in his commodore and its still going. i just recently put one in my R32 and had no problems.

just my 2c.

This morning I went and bought a large 11 plate battery to replace the tiny 9 plate one.

Took an hour to get it to fit because the connections where too large for the power cables connectors.

Starting the car has improved 100% and i'm very happy.

Mark

When I got my Skyline I went to put the big spare V8 Commodore battery I had leftover from my previous car but found that it wouldn't fit the factory mounting mechanism. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get a bigger battery to fit? A different clamp seems to be the way to go, but I've got no idea where to get it from or what size I should use etc.

I needed to get a larger clamp for the battery I got this morning - the little one wouldnt span the width of the battery.

I might take a pic of the battery if my gf is at home so you can see what I put in.

Luckly I have a auto electrician friend who did it for me and he had a clamp was able to fit (with modifications).

It will be interesting when I install my amp after my uni exams, the power connecter thing was a very tight fit.

How does everyone check the water levels in their battery, it looks like the only way is to take the whole thing out?

Mark