SAU Community

RB20DET into RB20DE

Hi, i have a R32 GTS Type S and over christmas its gettin a RB20DET chucked in it from the 1992 R32 Gts-t. (sorry N/A boys, i just wanna feel boost :wassup: )

I know that the swap will work and everything and i have already arranged for my mechanic to do it, im just a little confused as to whether the car will need new compliancy.

I imported the car myself so its already been complied about 6 months ago, im just wondering that because im putting in another nissan RB20DET that comes standard do i have to do anything compliance wise, and if so, what??

I know most of u will think im stupid for not just sellin up and gettin turbo but this is a mint type S and ive grown attached over the last 6 months so i know at the end of the day it will be worth it, especially when all u turbo boys see a grey GT badge but hear the spooling of a turbo!!!!!

Check with your local roads and traffic authority (RTA or VICroads equivalent in QLD) as to what needs to be done.

It's not compliance work but may require engineering. IF your fitting the turbo engine which came standard in other models then you may have to also fit all the associated parts like brakes etc to get it legally engineered/registered.