SAU Community

CONSULT Diagnostic tester

Jax

Has anyone managed to get hold of one of these? I've tried 2 dealers [ part # EG1180 0000 ] Both dealers found it and seemed to confirm it's availability, but said it was a "dealer only" part. Any clues anyone?

i have the consult to laptop/computer serial cable and software, its not the "nissan consult" but it uses the same protocol and obtains the same data. the proper nissan consult is like $15,000 and is only for use with nissan staff you can't buy it, and you wouldn't want too anyway. i got the consult data cable for $120 delievered

pm me if you want any more info

• 2 weeks later...
i have the consult to laptop/computer serial cable and software, its not the "nissan consult" but it uses the same protocol and obtains the same data. the proper nissan consult is like $15,000 and is only for use with nissan staff you can't buy it, and you wouldn't want too anyway. i got the consult data cable for $120 delievered

I'm interested on this consult. What ECU / vehicle does it work on? Got an R34 25GT Sedan that been having the Check Engine light coming on. Couldn't find the screw on the ECU to switch it into Mode II Diagnostic.

gaki.....the vehicle has an on board diagnosis function.....it is activated by earthing one of the wires in the diagnostic connector ....you will see a little door/panel that unclips from on the lower steering column trim....thats where it lives....i cant remember which wire it is but you just switch the ignition on and earth it momentary and it enters diag mode.........to check which one it is....just check for positive power and you know its not that one.....you cant harm anything from earthing something thats not live....anyway once it enters diag mode the lamp will start to flash....to exit just switch the ingition off

Is there any difference at all between the Nissan CONSULT and the one you have? Does it have exactly the same functions?

LW.

Why do you guys insist on using the consult?????  :confused:

From what I understand, CONSULT can give you a little extra information and make it easier to diagnose issues. The whole flashing light sequence thing is difficult to use.

In my case I have an issue with HICAS and while I can get it into diagnostic mode, the flashes are bizarre: there is short flashes, a medium flash, and long flashes.

For $120, perhaps CONSULT is a better option.

LW.