SAU Community

what size speakers ??

Coupe-This

Hey guys i currently have the stock speakers in my r33 series 1.5 and im just wondering what size speakers will fit straight in without any (or very little) modification. Would 6" + tweeters for the front and 6.5" 2 way coax's be ok for the back, or just 6"

i just bought 6" for rear and 6" for front, both front and rear was a perfect straight swap !

got some pioneer 4 way jobbies from strathfield, who appear to have having a large sale on at the moment, retail at $280 a pair, get em for $128 a pair !

Its 6" on all four corners in the R33....

(6" or 6.5" is the same thing)

You can go quite deep with no modification in the doors. (I have Infinity Kappa components in my doors with no modification) All you would need to do to modify it is cut the back of the factory pod off, easy as hell.

In the rear, you will need to modify the factory hole if fitting a chunky 6", the factory holes arent a perfect circle. Just get a hammer out and tap it into shape

Got Alpine SPR-174A 2 Way 6.5" Coaxials in my SII Sedan, fit perfectly with no mods except to remove the child restrainsts, as they wouldnt sit over the speaker because of the tweeters. I was told that fronts would take an Alpine R series 6" split, not sure how reliable that info is though.

Got Alpine SPR-174A 2 Way 6.5" Coaxials for rears in my SII R33 Sedan, fit perfectly with no mods except to remove the child restrainsts, as they wouldnt sit over the speaker because of the tweeters. I was told that fronts would take an Alpine R series 6" split, not sure how reliable that info is though.