SAU Community

Ideas on power output

RC33

Hi all i'm in the process of modifing the RB25DET.All i need now is a few parts then its all complete for now.

What i've got is a RB25DET with Stock internals

Hi-flow XTR turbo stage2,

Full 3'' turbo back

Cold air with pod

Z32 meter

Power fc + h/control

single stage boost controller

Bosch 010 Fuel pump

coming is injectors about 555cc i think any ideas

Do i need a fuel regulator and surge tank Im not sure on this level but ideas would be appreciated.What sort of power would i expect to get from these mods

Cheers all Rick

Youll need bigger injectors to get over 220rwkw

You wont need a fuel reg if you got descent fuel pump and larger injectors.

Cant see why you wouldnt get 250rwkw with that setup if done properly.

Wouldnt run much more than about 1.2bar with standard head gasket/internals aswell just to be safe.

My R33 turbo has just let go of its compressor and turbine blades.

I think I will go a high flow from GCG in Sydney.

I was quoted $1950 today!

I thought it could be done for about $1200 - $1300?

Cheers

Around $1,200 is more like the plain bearing hi flow price. Around $1,800 is the ball bearing hi flow price. My preference is always ball bearing.:(

lol maybe :(

try and say that on silviansw.com and they would laugh at him though

That's 4 cylinder territory, so ~180 rwkw is their limit. RB's have 50% more injectors (6 versus 4) so I don't see any problem. In fact I have seen an RB25 make ~260rwkw on S15 injectors, so it is not only the theory that supports it.

i thought s14 injectors are 375cc and s15 injectors are 480cc~~~!!!??? correct me if i'm wrong

I am no SR expert, but my understanding was JDM S14 manuals were ~444 cc's (red'ish top) the same as S15 manuals. Autos and S13's are ~375cc's (purple'ish top).

There is some debate over 444cc's versus 480 cc's, which I will try and resolve next week when I get a set to clean and flow test.:(

steve from sst tuned my car and the best it ever pulled was 330 hprw running std pump injectors ,it run very unstable as there were some other issues that still need to be sorted (haltech)

huge spikes prevented us from stable tune

it run at that rating for some months so i guess it can be done

but the inj ,pumps are getting done soon (bosch,mazda rotory inj)so we will see how she holds

i am now running 2oo rwkw with the worst midrange u could have , everything kicks in at the end now but steve made it safe so as not to blow(without sacrificing the fun factor to much)

fmic/haltech ecu/twin yamo/hks 2540/apex avc-r/sau sticker(adds 250kw)