SAU Community

Commodore / HSV drags last Sunday

EXIT

Went down to the Motorplex yesterday to have a look at the Commodore / HSV club meet.

They had some quite nice cars there and some damn fast ones too! (quite a few running 12's)

There was also one white GTR down there running mid 13's (anyone from here ?) and a stock bug-eyed Rex. Would have been nice to see more Jap cars there for comparison/competition!

The nicest car there (IMO) was a black Grange which was eating most other cars. Spoke to the owner in the pits, had a peek under the bonnet and in the boot and after seeing the blue bottle, everything became clear...

Is NOS, is good! :)

Is thatthe guy with the private plates? elderly guy with walking stick? if So he is a pretty nice guy! the car is auto but has gotten Chris Mills performance to do a few things. The nitrous setup on that is very nicely done and very neat , if you were a sweet talker you could say the setup under the hood is just an airbox or sumfin... well besises that little NOS sticker on it.

He was getting beaten all the time by rexes so he said he decided to do sumfin about it and spent many a $ on it tilll he was confident it would win... very nice setup!

Yeah, I went down there too.

That skyline was doing ok but the launches seemed a bit rough.

There was a R33 N1 in the car park, looked genuine, would have been nice to see that go down the track.

But yeah - have to say it that Grange was hot :)

Also - the XD Falcon wagon!

Originally posted by 25GTT

Is thatthe guy with the private plates? elderly guy with walking stick? if So he is a pretty nice guy! the car is auto but has gotten Chris Mills performance to do a few things. The nitrous setup on that is very nicely done and very neat , if you were a sweet talker you could say the setup under the hood is just an airbox or sumfin... well besises that little NOS sticker on it.

He was getting beaten all the time by rexes so he said he decided to do sumfin about it and spent many a $ on it tilll he was confident it would win... very nice setup!

Yup, that was the guy - Chris Mills did all the mods for him.

In terms of mods, all you could really see was the blue bottle in the boot and two braided lines going into the air-box, that was it.

A very nice setup!

respect to the 12 seconds commodores!!

i know we always say skylines are fast cars etc but who here has a gts-t and has run a 12? commodores are RWD too, so dont complain about traction. and dont complain about 'NOS is cheating' cos the fact is hes got the time slip!

im not converting or anything, dont worry:D its just surprising that a 'fast car' such as the gtst skyline is failing to lay down any times worth quoting.

I think I saw that car on wed. night. Has the private plates 'grange' ?

Adam ; I am tempted to say something outlandish like :

" I'll be doing 12's soon as well "

But, I take deep breaths and repeat the words of calmness " its a work car .... it's a work car.... " :)