SAU Community

Why brokers?

noise

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and regan maybe your being a bit harsh...i used to feel that way aswell but i am a little over it...And step 3.5 apply for an import aproval...you really need to get this in as soon as you receive an invoice

Correct!!! It was a bit of a" dig" but its not brain surgery and most people that can turn on a computer can import there own vehicle. Well picked up on the I.Appro, just testing and I was in a hurry!!!!

One argument, apart from the usual "nuff saids" that I have been waiting for is

"A broker can insure that your vehicle is fully checked out and in fair condition"

Based on some of the (15YO)compliance jobs we have been getting through I very much doubt this. We all get the occasional vehicle slip through the net, one that is not up to par, this is called "importing" and happens,although by importing yourself you will end up with a much cheaper mistake.

• 1 month later...

So how do you find out in between all this who is goin to ensure the aircon degas is done and you have the certificate to prove it? Also who takes it to the docs for it to be shipped?

Is all this done by a supplier directly in japan?

So your saying brokers basicly use these suppliers anyway and you can get somone in jpn to it cheaper. the proplem is finding out which supplyers in japan know how to do all the right things before they send it to you on the boat.

Ive got a deposit with j-spec atm to get a 15yrold before it ends and if theres a way i can find somone in japan and half the price to do it (safely) send me some more links i dont speak jpnese either

so what supplier does J-spec or prestige use????????? why dont i just use them

My car wasn’t degassed

I didn’t sign any exempt shit,

And I got my car off the docks without signing any responsibility forms to undertake it.

Just ask your broker if he can get you out of it.

I know of a dealer that gets his cars off the wharf and even sells the cars without degassing and re gassing. Not naming any names.

Well it makes good bussiness sence for them not too : ). But i still wouldnt mind finding out... Surely someone has a link to a good supplyier that has some form of garuantee of the car description they give and has all the contacts in a lil black book who can send a car that meets the few requirments

Personally after importing my first car I would never use a broker again. There has been heaps of contacts posted in threads that you can check out and ask em if they have any of the cars your after. I bought my car from Mark Hocking as well and his service was top notch.

Jspec seems to be pretty reputable but some other brokers (not naming any) charge you their service fee then STRONGLY recommend you go with their recommended customs brokers etc - only to so these guys can squeeze more money from you through commissions made from this!

IMO email a few suppliers, see what they have in stock otherwise go with a broker if the right car comes up, but beware of the middlemen they recommend along the way. :kick:

• 5 months later...

sorry to dig up an old thread guys.

Ive been trying to do my homework on using a japanese exporter instead of a broker.

Anyone heard of www.batfa.com???

It seems to me that they have a pretty good range of vehicles at good prices and offer two inspections of the cars before its sent off.

Would i be correct in sayin that all a broker would be doin is chargin me 1,100 just so that i can deal with someone like these guys?

Thanks.

Hey I remember this thread!

I ended up cancelling my order with that broker and importing my second car myself. Got a refund on his fee and went ahead buying a different car by myself. It turned out to be easy and I got a great car I am extremely happy with :(

This is probably why I am so vocal on these forums about not using import brokers. :)