SAU Community

Skyline Bnr34 1999 rb26dett, what turbo?

Hey I am getitng a skyline very soon and I was thinking about some Hks turbos, I am looking for 800hp-1000hp. I was thinking of the 3037's from Hks. Are there any turbo kits out there for the skyline gtr right now? If I got the 3037's where can I get a manifold for them to fit on the rb26dett? I am having a tough time trying to find places for performance parts for the skyline..... Thanks!

wow... you obviously have a sh|t tin of money to spend.

care to share your motor specs first?

3037's are gonna give great power... but at some ridiculously late RPM

Thought of a big single?

Hey man thats for the reply. Turbo lag, yep that is what I was thinking... I was thinking of custom air ducts for the turbos to go to the bumpers maybe to help it spool faster. I was thinking a big single but I dont know. Do you know where I can get some skyline performance parts? Any kits out there? Thanks!

www.nengun.com

www.greenline.jp

not sure if theys hip to the states... but alot of the guys here in Aus use them for skyline parts...

for big power i'd probably go for a single, you'll need someone to custom make you a manifold, surely someone can do it locally to you?

Don't forget with that kind of power you're going to need lots of other bits, ecu, bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, forged enginee internals etc....

How big of a fuel pump? 1000cc Injectors? I was looking at the Hks Signature Series Turbos, and holy shit 550ps to 800ps turbos! Now if I got two of those sames one that would be crazy turbo lag huh? What if I got the 800ps for single turbo only? T51R KAI, 1.0 A/R, 56T, V-Band Flange, Ext. WG, 800PS Output....?

Hey off that greenline.jp site I have found an HKS Special Full Turbine Kit T51 KAI 56T A/R 1.00 Turbo. GT Wastegate, stainless exhaust manifold, front pipe, suction pipe, HKS Super Power Flow, water and oil lines and gaskets. Just little more than ¥500,000 Yen. What do you think?

hks gt2835r kit available from nengun for about $9000au delivered, theres a drag car in ozzy running about 9.45sec 1/4mile (john munro)

this kit will still give you a good balance

but your got to be thinking about a whole range of upgrades to acommadate this sort of power :

manage ecu

gearbox

clutch (multiplate)

fuel system (from tank to manifold)

forged internals

high volume oil pump

cams (most likely large which will require head mods and new spring etc)

metal head gasket

oil cooler

custom sump 9 litre with baffles

intercooler and piping

custom radiator

well there some dollars in there but it would be an awesome ride 9sec street car

I dont "drive" a skyline , but I already bought one! Thank you pnblight.

yeah no worries ,i hope you know what your getting yourself in for as i got a 529rwhp gtr with baby garret 320hp turbos and it is off its head ,so to build a big bad boy gtr like what we are talking about , well i can only imagine :wassup: hehehe :P

I know, I cant wait! I saw someones sig it said GTR= money pit, haha so true. I am not sure yet what I am going to get , atleast turbo wise. That greenline.jp has hella parts thanks for the link ferni! Are there anyother sites out there for parts? Right now I am thinking of the T51 Kai or Spl for single, dam just thinking of those duals haha be hella power but only at super uber duper rpm lol. Can you say turbo lag. Or some 3037 s duals.

I know, I cant wait! I saw someones sig it said GTR= money pit, haha so true. I am not sure yet what I am going to get , atleast turbo wise. That greenline.jp has hella parts thanks for the link ferni! Are there anyother sites out there for parts? Right now I am thinking of the T51 Kai or Spl for single, dam just thinking of those duals haha be hella power but only at super uber duper rpm lol. Can you say turbo lag. Or some 3037 s duals.

seriously have a look at the kit www.nengun.com got for the 2835's the kits got everything you need with twin external wastegates ,piping the works. great ready to go kit (9sec street car) you go any big it will be no good for anything other than the drag strip. Do you intend on driving this car on the street?