SAU Community

Just fitted a Power Fc....Problems need help

If you don't have the optional boost control module then make sure that option is turned off. The default setup looks for the boost controler and will not run properly if you don't have it.

I turned it off before I started it

Even tried turning it back on to make sure I had it the right way.

The would not run more than 2 seconds with it turned on.

I have refitted the factory computer and the car is running fine.

The PFC should run the car fine out of the box,yes you do need to tune them but there set up with a base map that will run the car ok.

If it is second hand maybe the program has been changed with the Excel software and that is why the re-initialise doesn't fix it.

Check to see if the AFM settup is the correct one for your car.

Did you go throught the 20min idle time with a load on the battery.

Is the case of the unit earthed out? (read in another post where this was the issue)

The unit is brand new

I have not have enough time to play around with the settings too much

Will try on the week-end

Dose the casing on the ecu need to be touching the metal body of the car (earthed out)??

I mounted the ecu using the factory bottom ecu bracket, but it is held in and isolated from the body with the velco strips that come with the PFC

I have the stock AFM at the moment with a Apexi pod, so the it should be set to the first R33.... AFM option?

I did let is run for approx 20min, it farted and carried on a bit thuo.

Turned air cond on etc.

darrin,

had the same fault when fitting my pfc, missing on one cyl, changed back to standard ecu and running on all cyl. The fault was the main connection to the pfc not being completley home and therefore causing the miss. Check the main connection to the pfc.

Good luck.

DoubleD

darrin,

had the same fault when fitting my pfc, missing on one cyl, changed back to standard ecu and running on all cyl. The fault was the main connection to the pfc not being completley home and therefore causing the miss. Check the main connection to the pfc.

Good luck.

DoubleD

Thanks DoubleD

Mine turned out to be the same problem

I found when you do up the bolt that holds the plug into the ECU, it causes the plug to curve at each end causing it not to make a good connection. This can also happen with factory ECU aswell

Solution- I used cable ties which went around the whole ECU and plug and pulled the plug in tight at each end. :P