SAU Community

Help With R32 GTR Drag Setup

keith cowie

That sounds like fun!!! Is the car behaving itself & staying straight now.

I went looking for old  timecards & found this one -

60' 1.526,  330 not recorded, 660' 6.337 @ 117,  1000' 8.170, ET 9.637 @ 148.88

Best 60' to date has been 1.46. I think Keir is down in the 1.3s.

Keep up the good work, that would be getting close to the record in UK wouldn't it?

Hi Munro

That times and speed are very close to mine

what is your best ET time so far

I have been told that my car is now the fastest 4wd car in Europe

cant be bad for the first time out in it with the new engine and transmission

Keith

Guest two.06l
Hi Munro

That times and speed are very close to mine

what is your best ET time so far

I have been told that my car is now the fastest 4wd car in Europe

cant be bad for the first time out in it with the new engine and transmission

Keith

well done keith, we plan to have the fastest low mount GTR in the country (10.78)next weekend, that is if our gearbox is ready. After that the world mark is 10.6. just got some Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials to try....they indeed look the sh1t!

well done keith, we plan to have the fastest low mount GTR in the country (10.78)next weekend, that is if our gearbox is ready. After that the world mark is 10.6. just got some Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials to try....they indeed look the sh1t!

Umm I hate to tell you this but I don't think such a class as low mount GTR exsists :D if so where are the records held?

Guest two.06l
Umm I hate to tell you this but I don't think such a class as low mount GTR exsists  :)  if so where are the records held?

mmmm........I believe I read them in the latest almanac.....

03IPChanImg_almanac.gif:)

BTW.....it's good to set goals, obviously keith cowie has a goal and he is achieving it, as Aristotle said "Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals"......or another one of my favourites "To strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild", son of rajab Tennyson.

A bit deep for this time of the morning........but really it's all about the 10's What else is there in life?

seems to me that your getting it all mixed up, having goals and achieving them is great BUT making up a class just so you can give yourself a label and boast about it in your signature or where ever is bogus and just a tool to stroke your own ego

What Kieth has achieved is amazing but he said fastest AWD not some made up bogus class and he done it then claimed it not the other way round

Guest two.06l
we plan to have the fastest low mount GTR in the country
as paul said this is our goal. can't see any bogus class creating there. There is no class.....it's purely an achievement, something to aim for. Nothing has been claimed! Not going to change our goal because you say it bogus. Also did you realise before shooting your gob off that there is no AWD class either so if you want to lick Keiths a55 and kick ours go for your life you TOOL!

Dragster33 u can howl us down as much as you like, were used to it.

BTW I Iov strokin my ego with my signature, You voted for me didnt you? :wassup:

Guest two.06l

Hey Keith, have been meaning to ask you....where is the drag strip in Scotland? Do you have to travel far to race? I lived in Edinburgh for 2 years and I loved it, found it very hard to leave.

Hey Keith, have been meaning to ask you....where is the drag strip in Scotland? Do you have to travel far to race? I lived in Edinburgh for 2 years and I loved it, found it very hard to leave.

I live about 130 miles north of Edinburgh,if I want to run at a proper drag strip

I have to drive almost 500 miles,it takes 10 hours in the truck.

there are 2 places where I can run in Scotland but they are old runways

not the best and if you do a good time,then everyone says the time

does not count because it is not a proper drag strip.

Keith

DSC00271.JPG  

good thread guy's here's a pic of mine

I used to own a 32 on 2530's(LOW MOUNT) that has run 10.3 on a standard bottom end

I did not realise that you aussies were so slow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest two.06l
I used to own a 32 on 2530's(LOW MOUNT) that has run 10.3 on a standard bottom end

I did not realise that you aussies were so slow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in street trim was it?

seems to me that your getting it all mixed up, having goals and achieving them is great BUT making up a class just so you can give yourself a label and boast about it in your signature or where ever is bogus and just a tool to stroke your own ego

What Kieth has achieved is amazing but he said fastest AWD not some made up bogus class and he done it then claimed it not the other way round

Well said.

Here is a link to a post i put up about my 1/4 mile time

http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=128

Hi Mario

The tyres that I used were Mickey Thomson ET streets.

The drag strip is a approved strip,there was a 7000+ bhp top fuel car

there and a jet car that ran a 6.1 at 250+ mph.

here is a link to the drag strip http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/

We were there testing the car over 3 days,the first 2 days were to get it

to run in a straight line as it was not safe to drive before.

Here is a timing slip from the Sunday,sorry for the quality of it

but it has faded with it being left in the transporter window.

S2020030.jpg

the times on it are

60ft 1.938

330 4.973

660 7.201

990 8.947

1320 10.49 at 152.15 mph not bad for a crap start

Here is a time slip from the Monday we were having problems with the

2 stage launch control the car was bogging off the line,things to sort out there

S2020028.jpg

Here is the only run that we managed to do when we switched off the

launch control,we had all 4 wheels spinning off the line.

Then the rain stopped play for the day

S2020012.jpg

On this 9.6 run I missed 4th gear and had to lift off clutch into gear and back

on the power again you will see that I lost a bit of speed on this run.

so no I did not back up the 9.6 run with a 9 sec pass but if it had not rained we

would have went much faster,but from the other slips you can see the car has the speed to do a low 9.

I don't think me and the car done that bad as this was the first time the car has

done a full 1/4 mile,since its full rebuild,last time out it blew the front diff and bust the sump.

I had a long talk with Mr. Barnes and he needs to pull his finger out and finish his

car so I have someone to race in the UK.

So that we can play catch up with the rest of the world.

Keith

Guest two.06l
last_of_last2.jpg

good to see you have some top opposition there Keith...what were you racing ....a Toyota Echo???