SAU Community

dishonesty !!!!

is there any chance of insurance companys finding out if you had lost your licence ....would it be a good idea to lie to insurance companys about the loss of license in past years to save money or even to get insured!!!!!

well now that you have said that

i know for a fact that quite a few people who work for insurance companys go on these forums

and you never know they also could possibly come on here to check up on certain skyline owners if a claim has been put in?

But i would assume they would do checks.. And if you have a crash and they do some investigating and they find that out you will most probly be paying for the repairs on both partys yourself! - I wouldnt risk it

is there any chance of insurance companys finding out if you had lost your licence ....would it be a good idea to lie to insurance companys about the  loss of license in past years to save money or even to get insured!!!!!

if you have a parent, put the car in there name, your name secondary, and they wont ask

Never lie to insurance cos . They don't ask until you put a claim in then they may ask to produce your driving record and if they find that you told them fibs they wont pay you .

never do that, most insurance companies always call the police to check your record, its standard procedure. why wouldn't they ? 25cents can save them thousands. If they find any way to get out of paying you they will use it !

Having spoken to a few people in insurance here and the company I do some work for who insure a couple of hundred trucks, insurance companies treat you as guilty until proven innocent.

Dont risk it

Insurance companies love attitudes like that !!

They will happily take your cash based on whatever you want to say and put on a form..

However, its once you try to claim on the policy (and the respective $$$ amount !!) that they will go over the details with a fine tooth comb.....and they will be most grateful for any excuse to not pay you.

If you have a read of the policy guidelines when you sign up - they are quite strict in regards to mods and roadworthiness..

In all honesty, Just Cars really walk the line when mentioning they insure modded cars (...fine print is as long as they are legal - and again according to the letter of the law none are, so... ??)

Bottom line - mention all mods, spend the cash and not only drive guilt-free but also with peace of mind knowing that you are covered financially..

:D

nope - you are suppost to disclose any and all information that may potentially affect the decision (read: premium) of the insurance company..

they usually mention this in the phone disclaimer if you are applying over the phone, or somewhere on the doco...

The insurance companies have been in the legal game much longer than all of us...dont try and take them on unless you have the law on your side..

nope - you are suppost to disclose any and all information that may potentially affect the decision (read: premium) of the insurance company..

they usually mention this in the phone disclaimer if you are applying over the phone, or somewhere on the doco...

The insurance companies have been in the legal game much longer than all of us...dont try and take them on unless you have the law on your side..

so i f your getting insurance and the dont ask you, you goin to tell them "would you like to know my driving record?"

no

yes they can check... but only if they are lead to believe that u have lied.

if u have lied u break the contract and u can be prosecuted by law..

as the dude with the freaky avv said chuck it under ur parents name then after a year or so move it to yours....

so i f your getting insurance and the dont ask you, you goin to tell them "would you like to know my driving record?"

no

...um...if its specifically mentioned on the form - and if its something the insurance company can use to void my insurance..

Hell yeah.

unlikely that they wont ask you - especially if its one of those "paperless" applications.

But - its your cash - its your choice..i personally cant afford a 20k defecit if i lose my car without any insurance.