SAU Community

Yokohama 539's

Hey mate

I'd like to know what they're like as well, as i've been chasing a set for a friend...

Good luck finding some though... they've been discontinued, and most places have already used up their stock... between $200 and $220 seemed to be the going price at about 5 different places i called (and of 3 i was told that there was no stock, and another 1 said they had a few left, and the final one said that their supplier had 4 left in Australia)

i have Yoko 102s on my GTR. Super in both wet and dry. They rocked!!

i understand that 539s are no longer in production and the C-Drive are the replacement versions? One of my mates has it and commented that they grip really well

hmm, i have run a set of the A539s on my old car...mind you they were 15" but yeah, really happy with them for the price tag...they stick like shit to a blanket so to speak, even in the wet, mine were pretty high profile so they had alot of roll in the sidewall but if you were going to get lower profile they should be fine.

They are a very soft compound so they will wear quicker than others, but they will hold the road really nicely and they aren't noisy at all...reccomend them!

I've had quite the opposite experience with my 539s.

Very grippy in the dry, ok in the wet but not exceptional. Best thing I like about them is they give lots of feedback and become very noisy when you start to reach the edge of traction.

great thanks guys... These were recommended to me at my local tyre shop and I wanted some second opinions... he didn't mention they were discontinued so they may be trying to get rid of the old stock, which doesn't really bother me as I'm getting a decent price...

most tyres will be better than the bald federals I have at the moment;)

i understand that 539s are no longer in production and the C-Drive are the replacement versions?  One of my mates has it and commented that they grip really well

this would be me :rofl:

c.drives stick like dried poo on a toilet roll... much quieter, different compound

i believe, different tread pattern and far grippier than the 539s...

i first got the c.drives as an experiment type thing - because they stopped 539s.

as soon as i left the tyre shop (not even run in) i cud notice the difference..

that said - if u can still get 539s and for a good price then get them, you'll love them.