SAU Community

R33 Boost Problems

Hey, ive recently been having problems with my skyline r33 holding boost.

Ive got an unkown brand bleed valve set at 12psi on high and standard boost on low. now the other night for the first time in a while i checked if the boost was actually still hitting 12psi and it would hit around 5 -7 and maybe 8 max on high boost and it would only get around 5psi max on low boost. It was also fluxuating all over the place trying to hold steady boost.

Only thing that has been changed in my car recently was coils because i was getting a miss at high revs about a week ago so i replaced all of the coils with a second hand set.

I think thats about it, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advanced.

:)

What modification's are done to the car?

If the car's bog stock, meaning standard exhaust, intercooler etc then i wouldn't be running 12psi!

Other than that if it has usual mod's then maby the boost controller has died. Also it may have a restriction some were holding it back.

If you are running a front mount cooler and you'r boost guage is in the plenum maby its dodge and got holes in it?

Have you actually checked too see if the controller is set to 12psi?

Car has exhaust from front pipe back (no dump pipe), intercooler, pod and bleed valve.

Yeh the bleed valve was set at 12psi and used to make 12psi, boost gauge is fairly new and the hose i used was pretty thick so i doubt it has holes in it already.

What is the cause of a boost controller usually dying?

thanks for ur help

:)

Yep if your boost gauge hoses arent holding pressure 100% then you will suffer problems similar to those you have mentioned. And most aftermarket boost gauges run the same hosing as the standard gauge. Do you have a turbo timer? And is it playing up also?

I had the same thing happen to me and a dodgy boost controller hose was the prob.

However you may have another problem but i'd fix that one up first.