SAU Community

Rb25det - Lj Torana

Just interested if anyone has any USEFUL information on Installing an RB25DET into an LJ Torana, I've sourced mounting kits from ROD SHOP in victoria for the RB30, also sourced diff soloution, 28 Spline LSD VS Commodore from DIFF LAPPING in brisbane, and a few other things. I guess my main concern is the size of the gearbox tunnel in the 2 Door LJ vs the SII Gearbox from the skyline being quite a bit bigger than the stock 4S M21. I'm still looking at a few solutions to intercooler plumbing, suspension and breaks(front & rear). This car is going to be built purely for weekend street enjoyment and a bit of drag work, so the powerscale i'm looking for will roughly be about 350-400kw at the fly. Any ideas on engine mods or mounting this thing would be really appreciated. :D

try this site

http://gmh-torana.imagineering.net.au/index.html

i go there for my car and im soon gonna do a RB20 convert but if i have the cash i will do a 25 to my UC ;)

yeah thanks, checked it out. theres already a forum up there for the RB25det into an LJ. Starting to become a pretty popular engine, good part about it though, is with the numbers comes the cheaper parts. but who can compare 5yr technology to a 30yr old tractor engine?? ha ha. good ol triples, they go alright.

30 year old tractor engines ? ? ? I built some tough red 6s over the years and pound for pound they go hard if you know how to build them up. Eldred Norman ( of Norman Superchargers fame ) was running 9 seconds on the quarter mile in the sixtys on grooved slicks ! ! ! ! Love old Holdens and Red motor sixes ! ! ! !