SAU Community

Burnout Squad Gone CraZy!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, no offence here, but turbo Skyline + P Plates + Young Driver... you're easy pickings for the cops. They assume because you're young and driving a mildly powerful car that you're bound to be doing something wrong and that you won't have much clue as to the law. You think they'll go after a 50 year old as harshly as they'll go after you? Prob not.

I'm in the same boat, been driving mine since i was 17 too. Never had any trouble with the police, never been pulled over.

A similar thing happened to my mate. He was leaving one of our friends places and a cop runs out of his house (he was off duty) and accuses him of doing an 18 metre burnout. My mates car is an old Pulsar front wheel drive, and my mate was doing NOTHING wrong. His car was impounded and he has to appear in court.

His dad has taken photos of the scene (no tyre marks) taken witness statements from people in the street and gone to where the cop says he observed my friend doing it. Thing is you can't see the road from his house :S Will be interesting to see what happens, i bet my mate will get busted for it and he did nothing wrong.

Yer that sucks heaps about that but i em just gonna pleed quilty the cops said they thought i was a good kid and the court will most probably just give me my car back and give me a fine well thats what i em hoping will happen.

Haha ok if you think it is the right thing to do ? because i am pretty nervous about it coz i just don't wanna slip up and loose my car for 3 months i mean not having it this past week has been hell so if you wanna give me some help on how i should approach he hole court thing it would be much appricated

hey, this law started in queensland.........correct me if im wrong. they trial it in qld and it cut the "hooning" so down to canberra it came

Well they do have the hoon laws up here.. but they are really only enforced onto repeat offenders, or people doing open drag racing, etc from what I can see. e.g. the fairly bad stuff, to keep people from doing it and so they have something to throw at them.

If you did a bit of a burnout coming out of a shopping centre, or chirped them up at the lights, you probably wouldn't be busted for 'hooning' . If a cop saw you then maybe if he wasn't liking you and wanted to really get you for something, he could pin it on you technically as the interpretation is wide. But it doesn't happen much from what I gather. There is also no option for members of the public to report a hoon incident AFIAK up here - a cop has to witness it. So really, you have to be a being a real nuicance to get pinned for it.

If you were sitting in a quiet neighbourhood area and you did doughnuts at 3am in the morning, then sure - they'd probably pin you for that.

But for the more minor stuff, if they busted every red neck in their commodore for being an idiot or doing a burnout and being a bit of a hero, they'd be booking people for 'hooning' a hell'va lot.

Up here, its more for keeping certain things getting out of control, rather than fairly minor offences.