SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its just dissapointing that for something that was once fine now you have to modify yourself, certainly not an 'improvement'. I wonder why he changed it in the first place-maybe he was tired of drilling the hole or the ones with holes in em stopped being available or something. I might drill into mine today. :(

Edited by R33silverS2

Ok just want ot make this clear to everyone or anyone suffering from very laggy gear changes whilst using the turbotech. If you don't have the hole - DRILL ONE!! Today I drilled a 1mm hole directly opp the feed to the wastegate as shown in the pic and it made a wolrd of difference with gear changes. Previously the car felt totally dead, flat, sloooow when selecting the next gear - now boost response is fast. As you can see i highly reccoment drilling the hole!! :)

Ok just want ot make this clear to everyone or anyone suffering from very laggy gear changes whilst using the turbotech. If you don't have the hole - DRILL ONE!! Today I drilled a 1mm hole directly opp the feed to the wastegate as shown in the pic and it made a wolrd of difference with gear changes. Previously the car felt totally dead, flat, sloooow when selecting the next gear - now boost response is fast. As you can see i highly reccoment drilling the hole!! :)

did u find boost now drops off up top?

funny thing is i took the car out for a run just for comparison sake....and there was no lag.

wtf?

anyway, i've left it for now. only change i've made was my cat. maybe that had some effect.

did u find boost now drops off up top?

funny thing is i took the car out for a run just for comparison sake....and there was no lag.

wtf?

anyway, i've left it for now. only change i've made was my cat. maybe that had some effect.

Hmm so far so good, havent noticed any drop off as yet, but i onyl just kinda gave it a lil burn round the block - weather is dam hot here aswell so i didn't want to ring it out too much :) knock knock

I'll post up if i notice boost is dropping off up top.

Edited by R33silverS2

I'm runnin 10lbs creeps up to 11.5 or so in higher revs then drops back down to 9 - 10 cant remember exactly. i think it goes something like 9, 10, 11, 11.5, 10 or something. so generally its around 10. i could never get my car to hold one boost level really well every since i did the exhaust, i think possibly the wastegate is too restrictive or small for the increase in flow and dump size. sigh] boost is never as simple as it should be...

i had a chat to mark he assured me that they do not make much difference. the holes are for higher boost applications 18.5psi+ to bleed out extra pressure. so im in doubt what difference the hole does on lower boost. but more on topic these are great and marks customer service skills are impeccable.

FOR SALE - Turbotech

Hey Guys, im selling my Turbotech due to upgrading to an EBC. If it wasnt for my high flow turbo set up i would of stuck with this little beauty. I have had it for approx 6 - 8 months and has helo solid 10psi without a single spike.

$25 + Postage (located in Sydney)

PM me if interested

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

FOR SALE - Turbotech

Hey Guys, im selling my Turbotech due to upgrading to an EBC. If it wasnt for my high flow turbo set up i would of stuck with this little beauty. I have had it for approx 6 - 8 months and has helo solid 10psi without a single spike.

$25 + Postage (located in Sydney)

PM me if interested

Cheers

Hi,

I'm in Christchurch New Zealand.. I'm after one of these controllers but no-one wants to post..

I'd be very keen to pay your $25 AUD + freight to NZ + a bonus if you were keen on sending to New Zealand.. I can transfer funds via paypal if you're keen..

Thanks,

Scott Roberts.

markimak... thats a crock... i got PROOF not word off of somone that it lags like a bitch with no hole. buy one and put it in and tell me if its laggy or not...

mind you put 12 pound thru it not 7... cuz your stocko wastegate opens at 7 and i doubt having that hold will make a shit of difference with the 7psi.

well im runnign 14 pound neways...

with NO hole = pathetic

WITH hole = fantastic (altho it drops off pressure up top but im not complaining)

markimak... thats a crock... i got PROOF not word off of somone that it lags like a bitch with no hole. buy one and put it in and tell me if its laggy or not...

mind you put 12 pound thru it not 7... cuz your stocko wastegate opens at 7 and i doubt having that hold will make a shit of difference with the 7psi.

well im runnign 14 pound neways...

with NO hole = pathetic

WITH hole = fantastic (altho it drops off pressure up top but im not complaining)

Mines got no hole and it doesnt lag at all, in fact it's brilliant. Running 11.5psi.

i have tried and tried to find the lag again, and its not there anymore. lol

quickshift, no prob. granny shift, still no prob, besides the obvious revs dropping out of boost range of course.

must've been the cat i had on. coz i didint have the lag issue before or after it. so no hole and still happy.