SAU Community

Cop Shop Defects?...

hayai32

I got pulled over for having a headlight out on my way home on saturday night and was defected for tyres and a headlight. . . Can't complain about the defect because it was a fair thing for them to defect me on and these two particular cops were far from unreasonable blokes. Anyways...

I have never got a defect before and I'm wondering what is involved in clearing a cop shop defect. I'm aware that I have to rectify the defected items which is already in the works and pay a 20 odd dollar fee... but ...

do they do a more thouough inspection?

what experiences have you guys had with cop shop defects?

would the inspecting cop be able to identify an ebc and other frowned apon items in the engine bay? (btw: stock plumback bypass valve in use)

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers, Col

I've had a cop shop defect once for wheels being too big. They just came out, had a look at the stock rims i put on, and pulled the sticker off no hassles... you should be fine.

i got a regency defect but i took my car to the cops once i'd fixed the 3 things and they just looked at the 3 things and said it was fine and gave me permission to drive the car til i go to regency, so i wouldn't be too worried. Wish mine was just a cop shop defect!

I had a mate of mine go to the cop shop to clear a defect, the steering wheel was too small i think. Anyways he was shitting it. He went inside, told the cop he was there to clear a defect. The cop turned around and said that he wouldn't have brought the car in if he hadn't changed it and told him to take the sticker of when he went back out to his car!

I got a cop shop defect for green headlight globes (yeah a stupid mod) and yeah I just went there, he took a look and tahts it. Didnt look anywhere else. He didn't even ask me to turn the headlights on....