SAU Community

Adjustable Camber (Not Bushes)

• 3 weeks later...
ok, so i measured tonight.

Front height from centre of wheel to gaurd = 330mm

Rear height from centre of wheel to gaurd = 340mm

Which is below the 350 you reccomended. So what how is this going to efffect the car? I wasn't planning on buying new springs.....

My car is the same height.....Ive got Bilsteins in my car atm (with unknown springs, and have 3 height adjustment via a circlip) Its currently on the middle setting.

I want to have the car sitting at 350mm...with these settings

Around 1 degreee negative camber on the front is my suggestion for a road car. The Whiteline camber adjustable bushes will give you that.

Around 0.5 degree negative camber on the rear is my suggestion for a road car. Two sets (inner upper and inner outer) of Whiteline camber adjustable bushes will give you that.

the maximum caster you can get is the target. Maybe a little more on the left than the right to allow for camber of the road. For a road car I would set the front camber at 1 degree negative and the rear camber at 0.5 degree negative. Front toe at zero is OK, I would have the rear slightly toe in, say 1 mm each side.

Im currently doing the front steering rack (new boots, rack mounts, and tie rod ends), so a wheel alignment is on the cards shortly after :P

next on the list :

adjustable bars with 27 mm front and 24 mm rear

Originally Posted by eXc

Which is below the 350 you reccomended. So what how is this going to efffect the car? I wasn't planning on buying new springs.....

My car is the same height.....Ive got Bilsteins in my car atm (with unknown springs, and have 3 height adjustment via a circlip) Its currently on the middle setting.

I want to have the car sitting at 350mm...will it raise the car enough just by going to the top setting on the Bilsteins? Car will then have these settings :

Originally Posted by SydneyKid

Around 1 degreee negative camber on the front is my suggestion for a road car. The Whiteline camber adjustable bushes will give you that.

Around 0.5 degree negative camber on the rear is my suggestion for a road car. Two sets (inner upper and inner outer) of Whiteline camber adjustable bushes will give you that.

the maximum caster you can get is the target. Maybe a little more on the left than the right to allow for camber of the road. For a road car I would set the front camber at 1 degree negative and the rear camber at 0.5 degree negative. Front toe at zero is OK, I would have the rear slightly toe in, say 1 mm each side.

Im currently doing the front steering rack (new boots, rack mounts, and tie rod ends), so a wheel alignment is on the cards shortly after :P

next on the list :

adjustable bars with 27 mm front and 24 mm rear....

rear subframe mounts, and pinapples...

Originally Posted by eXc

I want to have the car sitting at 350mm...will it raise the car enough just by going to the top setting on the Bilsteins? Car will then have these settings :

Im currently doing the front steering rack (new boots, rack mounts, and tie rod ends), so a wheel alignment is on the cards shortly after :)

next on the list :

adjustable bars with 27 mm front and 24 mm rear....

rear subframe mounts, and pinapples...

R32/33/34 suspension is pretty much one to one, shock movement versus wheel movement. So if you move the circlip 10 mm up the shock, it will raise the car 10 mm.:huh: