SAU Community

new to SAU....R32 GTR enquiry

Topaz

Hi all, I joined a while ago, but havent posted till recently.........

What tends to be common replacement parts on R32 GTR's?

I am looking at buying one that I will have in the next week if I decided to get it. I will change the oil, oil filter, spark plugs and leads....anything I missed? Might take it straight in for a service too (thats if I get it)

I have downloaded an R32 manual which covers all the engines from the CA18i to the RB26DETT, which I will read to see if I can fix any problems like seals, bearings and gaskets other than that I guess anyone would take it to a mechanic with any major engine probs

And theres always Hyperdrive too :(

EDIT: whoops, may be in one forum too far... :Bang:

thanks mate...

car is at about 102,000k's (rebuilt at 96,000k's, with 2 new turbos)

what about other belts (and whistles)?

Fan belt, AC Compressor belt & Power Steering belt?

also are any radiator/cooling hoses prone to bulging/cracking etc..?

thanks again

Tom

Hey tom,

i guess with age you will find anything is prone to cracking, i had one of my water houses crack randomly when i was drag racing, During the rebuilt what was done cuz most likly they would have change the timing belt, as i belived it is requirment that you change them at 100,000km.

Im not sure about the other belts, i have yet to replace mine but its a gts-t so may be different (but not likly) (my car has done about 111,000km)

Im guessing during the rebuilt all new gaskets where uses on turbo etc so you wouldnt have to worry about replacing them