SAU Community

Slightly over boosting

grandmasterb

Ok so i took the car for a run yesterday and thought it was off the show (not able to keep it straight and just lighting up the rears) anyway i dont have my boost gauge yet and wasn't 100% sure what it was running. Figured it to be around 12 -14psi so i borrowed Griffo's boost gauge and "BOY" was i off. :innocent:

The little old RB20 was boosting at slightly over 1.5 bar. :chairshot

So we turned the boost back to 1bar and is MUCH better, still very easy to loose the rear end from time to time, just have to moderate it with the right foot. :confused:

Im going for 240rwk's once i get the FMIC on an exhaust but i think TimmyB can back me up on this as i think i have one of the toughest sounding cars getting around on Tassie roads :Pimp2:

Pics to come guys.

Sorry guys was in a bit of a rush when i posted this yesterday. Realised i had posted it in the wrong section and then reposted it in here. Just realised though that i cut over half the original post off.

Hope this helps to clear it up a little now.

Car mods as follows:

TD-06 turbo with external waste gate (50MM i believe)

bigger injectors (with extra injector for high boost)

GReddy injector equaliser control (is what i've been told it is)

aftermarket ECU

electronic boost controller

upgraded fuel pump and swirl pot

adjustable fuel regulator

Z32 AFM

GReddy BOV (currently venting to atmosphere

GTR intercooler (replacing stock intercooler) want a FMIC

3' dump from the turbo into rear muffler which is standard at the moment, with extractors.

GTR rotors and calipers (is what i've been told)

irridium plugs and upgraded ignition coils

rods and pistons have been done as well as bearings (is what i was told)

set of race springs and HKS front and rear strut brace.

Apexi air intake with modded CAI /Heat shielding (thanks to SAU thread)

button racing clutch and locked diff (want to change diff)

Have not dyno'd the car yet as im still getting it on the road and everything sorted out. When i do i'll let you know how it goes.

Talking to the tuner yesterday and he said if didn't have a couple of hundred kilowats after driving it he said he would eat his hat

Can not wait to get it on the road although i have been re thinking it as a daily driver now!!!

That's a nice looken Gts-t. that's a sweet colour, is it factory?

Cheers dude. I love the colour as well thats what first attracted (can i say that about a car :confused: ) me to the car.

As far as i know its not a stock colour. It was resprayed in Japan. You should see it in person its looks even better.

Haven't had time to give it a wash and polish. But will give it a full detail when time permits then post some more pics. :Pimp2:

wow the way you were talkin when you said u were gettin a car i thought you were gettin a stock car, impressive to say the least!

BWAHAHAHAHAH yeah for a while so did i PHat MR30.

Hopefully have it at the drift event next weekend for people to have a looksy.

on the boost thing, it could possibly be the diaphram in the wastegate is faulty??? that caused a mate of mines rotor to eventually see his boost guage off the scale and pop the motor

on the boost thing, it could possibly be the diaphram in the wastegate is faulty??? that caused a mate of mines rotor to eventually see his boost guage off the scale and pop the motor

Nah its cool man its all sorted now.

Borrowed riffo's gauge and we went for a run, realising that it was just over 1.5 bar set off the EBC. Has now been turned WAY back and all good.

BUGGER for your mate, not good at all.

ah good... yeh it was a 30psi boost gauge and it was reading like 40 or more, checked it again to see if the guage was faulty and yeh not cool killed the turbo and motor.

BUGGER, not good at all mate. Thats why i borrowed Griffo's gauge to see what was going on. EXTREMLY GLAD i did now :rant:

The general feedback i been getting about the car has been awesome. Everyone loves the way it sounds, got to love a screamer :Pimp2:

Must have missed this thread.....  :confused:  

Very nice package there mate. Should be able to get some pretty decent kw out of it. Hurry up and get it dyno'd!

Im working on it champ :werd:

• 1 month later...

Ok so car should be on the road next weekend, all finished and better than ever.

So if anyone know's or is interested in a very nice and one of a kind Skyline then hit me up as i got something that will tickle ya fancy :Pimp2: