SAU Community

Proposed Speed Limits

sav man

Yeh, devided roads would be the only way to go but unless revenue from traffic infrigements was put towards the roads then it probably won't happen in our lifetime. Can always hope though. For the meantime more transport checks and driver revive stops wouldn't be a bad thing on the midlands.

not hard when you see a bayside blue r34!!!! and then car acc installs send me MMS msgs with pics of your car!

hahah Bastards, *slaps Car access Boyz* nah its aiight. i am sure someone would notice, i will just have to make it lower so less ppl see me muhaha so so stealth.

Anyone else going to message Bryan?

• 4 weeks later...

I got a reply today

Dear Mr

Thank you for your comments on the issues raised by the Speed Zoning Review.

The Speed Zoning Review is a key initiative of the Tasmanian Road Safety Strategy 2002-2006. The review has been undertaken through the Tasmanian Road Safety Council and is the result of more than two years’ work and included considerable community input.

The Government does not suggest that changing speed zones is the only answer to our road toll and is continuing to look at a range of measures, including those suggested by the community. However, Speed Zoning is an important road safety issue and we cannot ignore it.

The Government is genuinely interested in hearing the community’s views before any decision is taken. I would like to emphasise that no decision has yet been made on any changes to the current system.

Your comments are valued and will be carefully considered along with other submissions before any final decisions are taken. Analysis of comments will take place at the conclusion of the consultation period.

If you would like a copy of the consultation kit, please contact the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources on 6233 2908.

Yours sincerely

Bryan Green MHA

MINISTER

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, (MP thinking) Spend a absolute shitload of money making the roads half decent, or just keep lowering the speed limits and rake in more revenue? What do you think the government is going to opt for?

machg