SAU Community

R32 Misfiring big time

Bazelinez

hey guys,

my car has been going bonkers today. When I rev it around 4K at WOT on 12PSI its spluttering and backfiring and there seems to a chime coming from under the dash?! Like a door open chime? Its bizarre. It comes and goes. One minute its clean and the next its dying....It won't accellerate at all. It feels like a cut almost but the boost isn't high enough...

Anyone got any ideas?

Took my coils put today and 3 were split on the greay part surrounding the metal thing. Very technical eh? Taped them up but in thr process I noticed a shitload of green calcium build up and general crud up inside.

I took a Dremel (small high speed drill thingy) and lightly ground the inside of each coil pack until it was shiny again. I already had new springs inside and I screwed a tiny allen bolt up the guts of each spring to replicate the factory set up.

In all I had about 3 teaspoons of carbon/calcium/crud I removed from all the coilpacks.

Result is fixed mis firing, stronger performance, better idle. Worth the effort if you have the tools.