SAU Community

Fuel Tank Clean/Flush

inissane

Hi people,

just after some info on how to drain/clean/flush the fuel tank, searched a bit but couldnt find any tips. I have the pump cradle out and a new fuel filter installed and dont want to pump through the dregs in there.

Any tips as to how to go about it would be great, cheers

syphon it out i guess, you could use a hose? we have a hand pump at work we use when idiots fill their nissan patrol deisels up with petrol..

but it depends on how thorough you want to be. you could then remove tank and clean it with .. hrm, is it metho or turps? one of em i think.

syphon it out i guess, you could use a hose? we have a hand pump at work we use when idiots fill their nissan patrol deisels up with petrol..

but it depends on how thorough you want to be. you could then remove tank and clean it with .. hrm, is it metho or turps? one of em i think.

Michael

is it metho or turps?

i have a fuel tank in an old 73 skyline which i swear is half full of oil! i will need to somehow wash is out someday soon before using it in a car again

when u have the pump out, you can see if there is any shit in the tank, i thought mine would have some but it was mint, if you need to drain the shit, pull hose off fuel rail input put it into a bottle and your away

some fuel tanks have a drain plug, but i had a look and couldnt find one on mine, maybe it was hiding