SAU Community

rs4 v 260rs

Aaron S

i was just wondering what the difference between the rs4 and the 260rs is. does the 260rs have the rb26 gtr engine? and the rs4 the rb25??

thankyou

are there any suspension, interior or physical differences?? is the 260rs stronger in drivetrain?

rs260 is basically running a gtr engine and drivetrain rs4 is rb25 with different drivetrain not as tough mostly autos and lower spec interior rs260 is manual only and has triple gauge cluster in the dash and piano finish black dash inserts vs silver on s1 rs4 and nicer trim on seats

Rs4

4.3 diff ratios front and rear

single spinner rear diff

small n/a style axles on rear

small brakes (like tiny) on front and rear

different rear hubs with different shockies mountings

also i woulnt be surprised if the front axles are smaller than gtr ones :whatsthat

260rs

4.11 diff ratios front and rear

mechanical LSD rear diff

330mm rotors on front (back? im unsure)

brembo 4 spot calipers front and 2 spot rears

large gtr rear axles and all gtr running gear

aluminium hubs and gtr style mountings for shockies

trust me the stagea is far from a gtr with a rb25/auto in it thats for sure, they definately save some $$$ when choosing parts for the rs4's :confused:

autech is a killer and only issue i am having with rb26 in a stagea is the weight factor and 2.6L pulling 1900kg or whatever is quite difficult (even with 360-370rwhp) and im considering changing to the rb31 bottom end, but not sure at the moment, just wait and see :Pimp2:

cheers :cheers:

Brad

Rs4

4.3 diff ratios front and rear

single spinner rear diff

small n/a style axles on rear

small brakes (like tiny) on front and rear  

different rear hubs with different shockies mountings

also i woulnt be surprised if the front axles are smaller than gtr ones  :whatsthat  

260rs

4.11 diff ratios front and rear

mechanical LSD rear diff

330mm rotors on front (back? im unsure)

brembo 4 spot calipers front and 2 spot rears

large gtr rear axles and all gtr running gear

aluminium hubs and gtr style mountings for shockies

Brad

I thought the LSD was an option on the RS4 stageas - and it was standard on the series 2 manuals.

Apart from that, does anyone know if Brad's list above for the RS4 also applies to the series 2??? I haven't been able to find out anywhere on the web, but given they have the much better Neo motor & Turbo & Intercooler, did nissan put better axles/brakes/hubs on it as well?

I've partly answered my own question by using the parts thread..

For the brakes - (front, then back)

WGNC34 RB25DET 25.4 CL28VF 42.8×2 280×28 AD11V 38.18 266×16

WG(N)C34 RB25DET 25.4 CLZ31VA 45.0×2 290×28 AD11VB 38.18 292×16

ie the series 2 might not have gone to the good x4 ones, but did get both bigger pads on the front, and bigger disks on the front and back...

Yeah me and Marc had a fun time with brakes, with front's being from an N/A FF and the rears from an R33 GTSt for series 1. neither of which i would stick on a 1700kg AWD wagon

just finished complying R34 s2 sedan NON turbo :front discs are 310 x 30 rear 295 x18 @

1430kg ...2.5 stagea seems to be a bit out of touch in the brake dept.. s1 and s2

brembo setup on 260 is brilliant .deals with weight pretty easy

just finished complying R34 s2  sedan NON turbo :front  discs are 310 x 30 rear 295 x18 @

1430kg ...2.5 stagea seems to be a bit out of touch in the brake dept.. s1 and s2  

brembo setup on 260 is brilliant .deals with weight pretty easy

I believe you (!) but those numbers are different to anything I've been able to find...

My understanding is that there wasn't a s1 and s2 version on the 260, there was only one version of it (ie they didn't do a r34 gtr based one)

sorry meant s1 s2 of 2.5 stagea...

although the is s1 s2 260 but is just minor face lift ..lights in grill different bar and front indicators ..running gear is all the same

regarding the brakes on n/a 34 ...couldn`t believe it either ..same size as gtr r32 .... ..this sedan is a GT-V grade and was told by my supplier when I asked what is GT-V ...is turbo car ...without turbo..

it appears that this is correct

Yes, there was a r34 gt-V -> both in a manual and auto. It had the "NEO straight 6 LEV", with no turbo, and qualified as a LEV vehicle.

Was also gutless ie 147kw.

I agree it's OK fo a NA, but not for a skyline! And the Rb20det is normally in a much (by several 100kg's) lighter car...

VY 2003 commonwhore 3.8 v6 152kw @ 1526kg..just to keep things in perspective..

147kw @1430kg is sufficent for what it is.. a 4 door sedan

VY 2003 commonwhore 3.8 v6 152kw @ 1526kg..just to keep things in perspective..

147kw @1430kg is sufficent for what it is.. a 4 door sedan

And things really in perspective :-)

Any commodore car: Piece of junk that really should be sent back in time to the late 70's, when it would then be accepted as 'ok'

R34 GTT 4 door - 206+kw, 1450kg. - 142Kw/ton

VY 2003 commonwhore 3.8 v6 152kw @ 1526kg - 99.6 kw/ton

R34 GTV 147kw @1430kg 102 kw/ton

So yes, it is better than a commodore AND has much better brakes/steering/suspension/ etc etc etc. No argument there.

But nothing like a turbo skyline!

The difference between a R33 GTT

180KW, 1400kg - 128kw/ton and the R34 is very very noticable, let alone the difference between the turbo and non turbo version!

• 11 months later...
I thought the LSD was an option on the RS4 stageas - and it was standard on the series 2 manuals.

Apart from that, does anyone know if Brad's list above for the RS4 also applies to the series 2??? I haven't been able to find out anywhere on the web, but given they have the much better Neo motor & Turbo & Intercooler, did nissan put better axles/brakes/hubs on it as well?

Sorry to dig up a REALLY OLD thread, but I figure it is best to keep all of the info in the one place. Has anyone learned much about this in the past year? :D

How does the 260RS drivetrain compare to the S2 Manual?