SAU Community

Atp

Ait

They are round the corner from my place too.

I haven't been there [yet] but they have been modifying an r33 gtst for a while now so I think they would be pretty familiar with skylines...i think its their own car too [its white with custom plates like ATP-R33 or similar].

They have also done work on gsr / evo's and plenty of others too like VL's etc...I will probably head down there when I decide to do some mods...

Originally posted by nismoR34

I live in Malvern East, on the other side of dandy road to ATP...but i dont live ON dandy road - too many fumes he he

Ahh..me too. Which area? I'm down the end of waverly road. Do you drive a yellow R34?

Anyway that ATP guy, didn't quite get a good impression of him when I took an NA car there not long ago. He said something like "We don't do NA cars, only turbo cars!?". Seemed pretty huffed about it :D

sounds like atp are turning out to be just like "all the others" i am really sick of not being able to trust these "tuners"...i have been rolled by too many in the past...:confused: are there any honest people in the automotive indusrty? perhaps why there are a lot of DIY stuff these days? pft / bah

these last few posts probably explain half the reason why i see skylines the minute i leave home, on dandy rd near chadstone etc.

i live just off chadstone road...but my R34 is black, though i have seen a yellow one twice around the corner in webster st...

Originally posted by nismoR34

sounds like atp are turning out to be just like "all the others" i am really sick of not being able to trust these "tuners"...i have been rolled by too many in the past...:confused: are there any honest people in the automotive indusrty? perhaps why there are a lot of DIY stuff these days? pft / bah

Yup it's hard to find good tuners these days. Those we think are good may turn out to be bad etc. Sometimes reputation is not a good enough gauge.

I'll keep a look out for a black R34 (nice colour!) the next time round. ;) I'm in a dark grey R32.

Originally posted by akeenan

yo ive been in there and spoken to the dudes, from what I saw i wasnt really impressed.. they do have a web site but i forget what it is..

oh also it is round the corner from me...

Are you in the murumbeena area Akeenan?

seemingly yes...but its a long story...we didnt get to finish what we started...do'h...damn ppl who dont give way to on-coming traffic...now i have bald patches on my tyres...lol

update: hmm, i dont know that he was trying too hard either, but it is an auto [mainly for drag racing purposes].

hmm, on second thought. I went down there to ATP yesterday [thurs] and had a chat to the guy. They are nice blokes. Helpful and they seem to know turbo's pretty well I think! They have a GSR running 11.7 sec 1/4 mile times. Also featured in fast fours mag [on cover]. The guy said they have never exclusively been just evo /gsr tuners. They have been doing all sorts of turbo's for quite a while now.

They had 3 r33 gtst's [tongue twister] in the shop when I was there. The white project car of theirs is also in a mag [cant remember which one now]. This has 205kw @ the wheels approximately. Last week this ran an easy 13.2 at calder but had major tractions probs that they guys are now addressing before their next run. They are expecting low - mid 12's with their setup.

Mods, include FMIC, bigger turbo, custom exhaust etc...they are quite friendly guys to talk too and I am definately considering taking my car there for mods - they dont do servicing or the like though!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dale.

hey why does everyone want there car to go real fast over 400m, why doesn't anyone want to keep the kick low down in the revs? Cos doing all this stuff makes the boost come on later yeah???

why does no-one want to make a track kinda car, a killer round the corners, and still keep the punch down low. I know that if u drive a car properly around the track u should be able to keep it within the optimum rev range, but not everyone can do that :P

not having a go at anyone, just wondering why everyone is interested in the quarter mile?