SAU Community

Oz vs. Japs  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate idiots like that, they don't just drive Holden's and Ford's though. I am commonly mistaken for a Ford driver with an 'I am invincible' attitude. You couldn't be further from the truth. Once I get tired of my car, I'm going to by an EVO VIII. Great little cars, superb handling and traction and relatively good acceleration standard. The Typhoon isn't that quick, It actually doesn't appeal to me, Ford's attempt at a luxury/performance car (aswell as being overpriced) isn't my cup of tea. Theres one thing I hate about my car though, it's just no fun until you get traction. Most Ford bogans would love to just sit there and spin the wheels, not me, I'm just sick of it. So there, I'm making an effort at balanced discussion by telling you what I hate about my Ford and heres some more things: V8 Supercars are shitboxes in my opinion, some of the heaviest touring cars in the world are just no fun to watch. Now the JGTC, that is real racing. When heaps of people say they can wind 700hp-800hp out of the new Ford or Holden, who really cares? While the Japs are making half the power, theyre still crapping all over the Australians. And as for build quality, don't get me started, it's still a Ford. The door trims fall apart, the overall quality of the interior isn't great either (not as bad as a Holden though), I hate the fact that being such a heavy car brake dust is always coating the rims in it. If theres anything you'll notice between an XR6T and an Evo/Skyline etc. is that the Ford doesn't inspire confidence. I've rushed this and may have missed some things but at least you've heard me bag my own car. Happy?  :D

lol wow. shock terror :P

If my gut feeling is right, this thread is about to die in the arse. It was fun reading it, ohwell, all good thing have to come to an end.

I'm going outside to work on my Ariel

If my gut feeling is right, this thread is about to die in the arse. It was fun reading it, ohwell, all good thing have to come to an end.

I'm going outside to work on my Ariel

That's why I had to get things stirred up, so everyone would wan't to come and gang up on the Ford guy. Can't you see how this works? But you just had to push me to the edge didn't ya? The fact is I know Japanese cars are better than Australian cars, I acted like a real dumbass on this thread, huh. I'm actually a diagnostics technician and almost couldn't bring myself to say some of the false things I said. The Falcon is my demo car, you can see it on the dyno at Autosalon tommorow and Sunday in Adelaide, once everyone stops modifying the XR6T I'll get something that people have just started to modify. The heated discussion was fun but it had to come to an end sometime. If anyone wants to take over my Falcon defending position on this forum then feel free, but otherwise Sciby can close this thread and remove me from the members list (the forum).

Seeya guys, hope you had fun with this thread.

You're all not bad, and all of your points were legitimate, I just wanted to be argumentative. No hard feelings. :P

That's why I had to get things stirred up, so everyone would wan't to come and gang up on the Ford guy. Can't you see how this works? But you just had to push me to the edge didn't ya? The fact is I know Japanese cars are better than Australian cars, I acted like a real dumbass on this thread, huh. I'm actually a diagnostics technician and almost couldn't bring myself to say some of the false things I said. The Falcon is my demo car, you can see it on the dyno at Autosalon tommorow and Sunday in Adelaide, once everyone stops modifying the XR6T I'll get something that people have just started to modify. The heated discussion was fun but it had to come to an end sometime. If anyone wants to take over my Falcon defending position on this forum then feel free, but otherwise Sciby can close this thread and remove me from the members list (the forum).

Seeya guys, hope you had fun with this thread.

You're all not bad, and all of your points were legitimate, I just wanted to be argumentative. No hard feelings.  :P

what an odd thing to do...i think you should do more diagnostical work, as you appear to have far too much free time

The falcon is not Fords 1st turbo car. Old TX5's have turbos. maybe even teh old lasers. Out of the jap cars i only like mazda's, NISSANs and Toyotas.

ive got a TX5...non turbo, but still, they are mazdas rebadged as fords....ford didnt really make the engine etc....they did however make it look far better than its mazda badged counterpart imho

Ohwell, Life is always full of suprises and you never know who the "other fellas" is, as for me I'm just happy only a minority group knows who I am and what is my capability, umm, let me rephrase that, my limitted capabilities. But Many forumsmenbers are actually decent pplst at first and a car nut second, only problems is. they love skyline/japanese things and speed.

For me, I just lovel anything, that make a heap of noise and goes really fast. But it does help if it was engineered right first time round, and customer base engineering"complains" isn't the forward engineering thing.

This is pretty laughable. Geez you guys are wankers... Are you trying to tell me my power should be higher than my torque?  :)

You really do have a comprehension problem don't you knuckle head!

Lost count of how many posts you've misinterpreted.

What I'm saying dickbrain is that you have supposedly doubled your torque but only increased your powrer by 35%.

How is this possible or is that you are full of crap and know very little about physics, dynos or engines. You're the wanker here pal!

You really do have a comprehension problem don't you knuckle head!

Lost count of how many posts you've misinterpreted.

What I'm saying dickbrain is that you have supposedly doubled your torque but only increased your powrer by 35%.

How is this possible or is that you are full of crap and know very little about physics, dynos or engines. You're the wanker here pal!

gonna have to agree there...and im a ford fan! it saddens me to see that there is wankers of that calibre with fast fords....

you mis interpreted SEVERAL posts, and even me, who doesnt know the technical side of power figures, could work out what they were saying in relation to your torque increase not being an equal increase to your power.

Australians are still catching up to Japs.

Why?

While the Japs are dedicating their brainpower to building hybrid cars for the future, Holden and Ford Aus are still churning out petrol guzzlers "JOIN THE 6L CLUB OH BOY".

You musnt know about the "Ecocommodore" - Hybrid car from holden electric motor + petrol motor.

Or even the Fords which run on LPG, thats an alternative to the Petrol Guzzlers.

Another V8 hybrid is the BMW hydrogen cars

http://www.bmwworld.com/hydrogen/

Just so you know, im not particularly biased towards any car, if you hate a car company, when they do produce something good youll always be thinking "nah its shit" when its actually not that bad. GTR's are still badass cars :P

You musnt know about the "Ecocommodore" - Hybrid car from holden electric motor + petrol motor.

Or even the Fords which run on LPG, thats an alternative to the Petrol Guzzlers.

Another V8 hybrid is the BMW hydrogen cars

http://www.bmwworld.com/hydrogen/

Just so you know, im not particularly biased towards any car, if you hate a car company, when they do produce something good youll always be thinking "nah its shit" when its actually not that bad. GTR's are still badass cars  :(

yeah ford have the independent LPG engine in the BA....but they are targeting the widest possible market...not everyone wants a gutless LPG or petrol/electric car, and not everyone wants a 290KW V8

yeah ford have the independent LPG engine in the BA....but they are targeting the widest possible market...not everyone wants a gutless LPG or petrol/electric car, and not everyone wants a 290KW V8

thats true, but still theres a LPG turbo Calais on Fullboost that runs a 10 second pass on the 1/4 mile. Go have alook its in the video/media section.

thats true, but still theres a LPG turbo Calais on Fullboost that runs a 10 second pass on the 1/4 mile. Go have alook its in the video/media section.

im aware of several independent LPG cars doing times like that...Ford XF's and holden VL's...

but they are hardly for reducing fuel costs...im pretty sure they do that to pass emissions tests...

all i was saying was that ford might be making 5+ litre v8's that drink the juice, but thats for the performance people who dont worry about fuel costs....for those that do, there is the independent LPG straight from the factory

Hey guys ... just been flicking through the main parts of this thread and the main thing that took me by suprise was everyone who was saying ... australia make fuel guzzling cars. I own a R33 GTS_T 95 model ... big frontmount 3.5" exhaust and a pod. It uses just as much fuel ... if not a little more than my mates BA xr8 Falcon.

I believe anything with a turbo ... or more than 4 cylinders guzzles fuel.

Does anyone agree

Hey guys ... just been flicking through the main parts of this thread and the main thing that took me by suprise was everyone who was saying ... australia make fuel guzzling cars.  I own a R33 GTS_T 95 model ... big frontmount 3.5" exhaust and a pod.  It uses just as much fuel ... if not a little more than my mates BA xr8 Falcon. 

I believe anything with a turbo ... or more than 4 cylinders guzzles fuel. 

Does anyone agree

I agree, my mates R33 GTST drank as much petrol as my other mates VS V8.

I agree, my mates R33 GTST drank as much petrol as my other mates VS V8.

any car can guzzle fuel guys. just depends how its driven.

my tx5 non turbo will suck the juice down like there's no tomorrow if you drive it hard...but if you just cruise, it'll get 600k's to a 45 litre tank.

drive any car hard and the petrol wont last long

Hey guys, I'm back on. Did anyone happen to go to the Adelaide Autosalon this weekend? I dropped it from 14psi down to factory (6psi) and still made 318kW. This may sound strange but if you're wondering why I didn't enter my demo car here's the reason: These guys have spend thousands on their cars and driven interstate etc. just so they could be a part of Autosalon. If I just entered my demo car around the back then it wouldn't be entirely fair would it? (Seeming as the XR6T was the most powerful there which surprised me). It just wouldn't be right to waltz up and blow them away for no reason, a nice Pulsar with GTR running gear made 304 but that was the closest. Did anyone see it on the dyno?