SAU Community

Couple Of Q's Guys

okay first

when i hop in the car first thing in the morning, turn the key around to where the dash lights light up. (not starting the car) I hear this whining/groaning noise, sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car.

second

when i try to start it it won't fire up. well it does, but it sputters then stops, does this three or four times of times. Once it started it fine.

Both only seem to happen in the morning then it's fine for the rest of the day.

Would it be fuel related or electrcal?

stock rb20de cefiro. cat back 2.5' zaust

When you say sputter do you mean idle badly?

Mine used to be the same. In the mornings it would sputter at the start except it didnt stop. I had to rev it once to get it to stop it from sputtering and then it was fine for the rest of the day.

A new set of spark plugs fixed it for me. When I looked at my old spark plugs, the tips were so corroded i was surprised the car ran at all.

When you say sputter do you mean idle badly?

that's something else i forgot to mention.

after getting it to start. go for a 10 min drive, pull up whack it into park(neutral), and the engine revs back and forth from 1000 rpm to 2500 rpm 5 or 6 times then settles down to idle round 1000rpm. :rolleyes:

sounds like some of it could be a fuelling problem, the load buzz u hear, do u hear it for bout 5 seconds and then it stops?

get it on the dyno and see what its doing, also get a service and tune done on it.

sounds like some of it could be a fuelling problem, the load buzz u hear, do u hear it for bout 5 seconds and then it stops?

get it on the dyno and see what its doing, also get a service and tune done on it.

Yeah bout 5 secs.

gonna replace the timing belt next service, plus some of the gaskets. get it all done then.

def the fuel pump on its way out, try a general service and tune (i.e spark plugs leads blah blah, if it still does it, well then i dunno wot sort of condition your car is in, but get some contact cleaner, and go clean all the plugs out, by spraying the pins, plug and unplug them a few times to clean it all up. try this, i had todo this with heaps of stuff on my old vlt. Just to make sure every terminal is connecting properly.

Can only cancel things out, and hopefully its a cheaper one :rolleyes:

Also, the car chug off boost at all?

my r32 does this, turn ignition1 on, and u can hear a pump going, but my hicas light will flicker a bit when the engine is dead cold. pump turns off after 5 seconds. I just assumed its the hicas lines repressurising. also car doesnt chug off boost. had a 100K service done 4 months ago, usual stuff replaced, but not fuel pump.