SAU Community

Low Fuel Indicator Light???

Where is the Low Fuel Indicator Light in the R33 GTST Series II? I have run the needle down to "E" and it never comes on. Does this model have one?? It's got to!!

In the dash I have following indicators. some are ECU, OIL, Seat Belt etc. Is it one of these??

_______[ ] [ ]__________________[ ] [ ]

_[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]__________________[ ] [ ]

*the underscores are only representing space between the indicators. Cause it drops the extra spaces in the view.

Thanks

HarryG

Edited by harryg

Its there, the needle goes past the E before it lights up.

How many litres of petrol you reckon the tank would have when the needle is at E?? Cause I find the division of the fuel tank guage are not very proportionate as I expected. At Half tank if I fill it up to Full, it only puts in 20-25 litres which is not correct. Half tank should be at 30-32 litres.

I hope this makes sense.

Well I've run mine (s1.5) past the E and ran with the light on for a while to see how far it'd go... (ala sienfeld!)

Eventually the engine started sputting if i was on a hill or accelerating anyhting more then a 900cc charade could do.

Went to fill it up and it put 63.9 litres in... so considering fuel lines, plus fuel pump, i reckon it was just about empty.

So now, when the light comes on, I look for a BP... :D

If I had to estimate I'd say around 30kms left after the light came on...

Burnsey