SAU Community

Noise Question

Damo Monster

Hi there..

Dont know if anyone will be able to help, but I have a 1991 Skyline GTS-T M-Spec, 4 Door Sedan... I recently fitted my amps etc. insto the boot, and all was sweet... But hten i thought it was time to bling it up a bit, so removed some of the panels i had made and carpeted them... when i refitted everything, i got wicked alternator whine... Anyway, to cut a long story short, i have tested all my gear and cables, to which none are at fault... I have had the alternator checked, and all was sweet.. I even tried a supressor on the alternator (and just about everything else) which didnt help... I guess my question was, has anyone else had noise issue with this model of Skyline, and did anyone have any luck fixing it? Would really appreciate any suggestions anyone might have..

Cheers,

Damo

yeah the earth points are all good aye... havent thought about upgrading the batteries earth though..

but i acutally unplugged my alternator to see if that would help (after haveing it prof. checked, to which it was all sweet)... most of the whine went away, but i still had noise... sounded alot like ignition tick actually...

sorry to hear others have the same prob, but kind glad to know i'm not the only one at least..