SAU Community

should I hi flow my turbo? as its shagged

Guest gts32t
I know this is a different turbo, but a mate had his CT26 highflowed to a TO4e, on his GT4. I was expecting bigger lag cause it had bigger wheels both sides put in.

But to my supprise it spooled up quicker than the standard one did and pulled much much harder (and could go to 19psi with on worries.

Now I'm not sure if this will be the case with the one you have Meg's, but it might be worth looking into.

Looks like 200rwkw is very easy to get on the highflowed ones (damn I'd love to have 200rwkw 8O ).

BTW: if anyone wants the CT26 of my mates, I'm sure he would get rid of it.

J[/quote:4770e30d7b]

How much does he want for the turbo.

GTS32t,

I'll find out today for you. Just for info, it came off of a MR2 turbo, ATM in standard form it has a ceramic exhaust wheel, NON ball bearing, and pretty sure the mounts are TO4 (can someone confirm this???), but I'll measure them up.

The motor it came off of had done 94,000km, and the motor was in good nik, so I'd say it was treated good.

J

GTS32t,

I had a chat to him, he is a bit reluctant to sell it but he said make an offer and he'll see what he thinks. He said that when he was looking for a duel entry turbo CT26 he was quoted between $600-800 for a second hand one (he told me to mention this :roll: :roll: )

I can arrange pics if you want some.

J

• 2 years later...

I had my RB25DET turbo high flowed and it still spooled up at the same time and was able it push upto 20psi no probs. However I've be told time and time again there is no need to go above 18psi so for now I sit on 14psi and achieve 207rwkw... I did upgrade the injectors to 740cc Nismo's with 700hp pump and reg.. just for the growth to 300rwkw one day me hopes.. currently rebuilding a RB25DET to do the job.

GCG highflowed mine for about $1250inc

• 2 years later...
the vg 30 is the turbo off the nissan vg30 det engine not the twin turbo one. they are a big t3 and stock they can hit around 180-190 rwkw you put the big wheels in and the skyis the limit trymei's t3/t4 hybrid is based on the vg 30 turbo and he got 210 rwkw @ 14 psi I think and you can do that with out injectors.

as for bd4's your on a good thing there I think.

meggala

I have rebuilt a VG30 turbo with steel wheels and it made an eas :closedeyes: y 200kw, however if you rebuilt either yours or a VG30 it will not be much different. However remember if you change the turbo you will need to retune your computer to make the most of your change, if you dont you actually make make less power. So change one thing and you will have to change other parts as well nothing is a simple plug and play to get the most out of it.

:)