SAU Community

Shaking at speed....

RedStreakZ

Guyz, (n Galz :) )

First of all, hi 2 eveyone...I'm new to this forum...hopefull with get a chance 2 meet u guys on one of the cruise...

I was wondering if any of you have had any problems with the car shaking at speeds of approximately 160 kms ? I took a car for a drive, and notice that at the speed the steering will and general frame shook quiet a bit.

It is possible that the rims may be bent in some way ( no, I havent run int into any innocent by-lying kerb... :lol: ) or when they change the tyres they didnt balance it probably. The car doesnt shake that much when its doing 100-120 ish, but any higher...and it become quite noticeable.

The rims are 17" and the car had been lowered in the front. ( oh..another possibility is dat the spring have been cut....hope not..:werd: )

Any experience with this prob would be helpful, and details of where/how I check if the rims been twisted. Thankz.

Thankz guys, will do. Just dat I had my tyres replace when I got it compliance. I thought that wheel alignment is 2 ensure that the car doesnt move to one side when u driving in a straight line...I sorta did a test on it ( ie driving in a straight line and seeing if it swerve to one side :) ). But I will get it rebalance to c if it will fix the problem. Anywayz, thankz 4 da inputs.

Originally posted by RedStreakZ

Thankz guys, will do. Just dat I had my tyres replace when I got it compliance. I thought that wheel alignment is 2 ensure that the car doesnt move to one side when  u driving in a straight line...I sorta did a test on it ( ie driving in a straight line and seeing if it swerve to one side :D ). But I will get it rebalance to c if it will fix the problem. Anywayz, thankz 4 da inputs.

I think it'll be more a wheel alignement issue, but well give it a shot. is there any whining noise from the tyres??

Originally posted by skyline33

...is there any whining noise from the tyres??

:uh-huh: seems like it, my friend was driving in front of me...he said he heard some noise coming from the car...dont know if its the whining noise u r talking about.... What r u thinking of?

/me grab Skyline33 TELL ME!!! TELL ME!!!! :lol: kidding.. :bahaha:

Originally posted by skyline33

well if its whining noise i reckon highly likely its a wheel alignment issue, are your tyres wearing out??

also is there any noise while steering??

Nope, no noise during steering. When compliancing the tyres were replaced, so brand new tyres. I'll book it in for some wheel alignment and balancing just 2 check anyway. I've check the thread wear, and it seems pretty even, but u never know.