SAU Community

Opinions On Stageas

StageZilla

(yet has nuthin in common with gtr either)

:P Oops, maybe I should stick to speaking for myself. :)

I guess Ive never been in a GTR so should have kept my typing fingers to myself. At the end of the day, even a RS260 wouldnt exactly 'feel' like a GTR. Its a wagon, not a coupe!

Nevertheless, what a TOP car!

Some of my mates hassle me about owning a 'block of flats on wheels', but I love the car.

I was looking for a wagon, but didn't want a Subaru (be like every 2nd person here in NZ) and the Legnum VR4's are pretty unreliable apparently. Both of them cost about 3-4 grand more for the same year/km's and are smaller.

As for Falcon/Commadore, no where near the same technology for the price.

Nah, sorry, dont agree with that. After owning an R33 GTR before the stagea and owning an R33 Gtst before that I can safely say that the GTR package as a whole is far superior to the Stagea and the Gtst with both performance, braking, handling etc. I have recently been considering dropping an RB26 in my stag when I do the manual conversion later this year. Altho, an RB30 bottom end is also attractive.

Well true, I cant really comment as I have never owned a gtr. But I have driven a 12sec r32 gtr and I cant comment for stocker stag's but mine gets up and goes like the r32 gtr I drove, all seat of the pants guage :D

Hence my comment linking the gtr with the stagea. Obviously I was wrong :D

Nah man, that was a top comment (we both know you're right!)  :)

Either that or we're both dreamers :D

Either way I dont think I'll go back to a skyline, for the time being, the stagea is just waaaaaay too much fun :)

Well, thats true, I am a dreamer... But fact is with 141kw at the moment, I just cant see the need to have anything over 180-200kw. The car goes fantastically well enough as is. Handles well, goes aok, but could do with better front rotors.

Well, thats true, I am a dreamer... But fact is with 141kw at the moment, I just cant see the need to have anything over 180-200kw. The car goes fantastically well enough as is. Handles well, goes aok, but could do with better front rotors.

haha u wouldnt say that if u drove a manual 350rwhp stagea i can tell you now :P

fun fun fun

Oh yeah, I can imagine.

BUT, Ive got meself a beast of Fireblade (ie 8k+ of power, handling, stopping & 'look' mods). So I get to absolutely ring its neck out thru the awesome Adelaide Hills and get all my stresses ut of my system, and then I guess I drive the Stagea rather sedately, in comparison!

250hp from the car will be just fine for me; as its meant to be a family car!!! :-)

But Ive read youre mods, and Im envious. Green with envy in fact.

Oh yeah, I can imagine.

BUT, Ive got meself a beast of Fireblade (ie 8k+ of power, handling, stopping & 'look' mods). So I get to absolutely ring its neck out thru the awesome Adelaide Hills and get all my stresses ut of my system, and then I guess I drive the Stagea rather sedately, in comparison!

250hp from the car will be just fine for me; as its meant to be a family car!!! :-)

But Ive read youre mods, and Im envious. Green with envy in fact.

haha yer a bike is no comparision to cars especially 1800kg wagons :D id get a bike but they are too dangerous and people just dont see you in traffic and its a disaster waiting to happen imho :D

also i didnt mean the stagea is not a gtr comment in a bad way just commenting on the facts, and when i initially bought it i thought it was close to a gtr but the more i drove it and pulled things apart ive found nissan saved some $$$ and used only what was necessary (autos=less drivetrain stress) and therefore the horribly pissy rear diff axles and unis meant for a sr20 silvia or something, and brakes from a silvia sized car, the transfer case on the rear of the auto box is even different when internals are compared to a gtr manual transfer case, and i mean major differences in the main arm pushing the clutch packs together is only pressing with half as much force due to different designs.

swaybars are silvia thicknesses for a huge car :(

anyway they are brilliant cars none the less and id rather the staj over a skyline anyday of the year :)

haha yer a bike is no comparision to cars especially 1800kg wagons :) id get a bike but they are too dangerous and people just dont see you in traffic and its a disaster waiting to happen imho  :(

also i didnt mean the stagea is not a gtr comment in a bad way just commenting on the facts, and when i initially bought it i thought it was close to a gtr but the more i drove it and pulled things apart ive found nissan saved some $$$ and used only what was necessary (autos=less drivetrain stress) and therefore the horribly pissy rear diff axles and unis meant for a sr20 silvia or something, and brakes from a silvia sized car, the transfer case on the rear of the auto box is even different when internals are compared to a gtr manual transfer case, and i mean major differences in the main arm pushing the clutch packs together is only pressing with half as much force due to different designs.

swaybars are silvia thicknesses for a huge car  :O

anyway they are brilliant cars none the less and id rather the staj over a skyline anyday of the year  :D

Thats excellent info, cheers for letting us know (damn Nissan - why have you duped us with cheap components, why why?). Mate, facts are good, its why we all read these forums (well, me anyway). I want to learn the facts about Stageas in general. Totaly understand it aint a GTR (would have bought a 260RS for that), but its still one fine Nissan. So practicle........., sexy........., smooth lines........., just plain yummy....., I think Im in love!

From what you've said, it makes all the more reason / sense to keep under that 200-4wkw mark. Cheers.

Bikes are cool, but I DONT ride in traffic, only to get fuel and air, and then straight to the Hills (Im 2kms away!). This Fireblade IS NOT for 60kmph city traffic. ;) I just hope I dont have a big one, if you know what I mean. Hhhhm, must get life insurance.

:D

Brendan