SAU Community

Opinions On Stageas

StageZilla

so whats everyones opinions on stageas in general, and how have people commented and reacted when seeing your stagea?

do many people say ohh looks like a volvo? or do they just look without a bloody clue what it actually is? :P

in the short space of times of using mine with everything stock i got more attention than when i been cruising in my mates r32 gtr :D

people pointing at ya in groups in carparks and older males with familys looking and probably thinking, thats abit nicer than my commo wagon ;)

at a drift event in perth the other night there where 2 stageas parked next to each other and the spectators where all gathering around it and drooling haha :lol:

share your comments guys :)

the only downside of the stageas over the skylines is the weight (mine weighs 1800kg)

cheers

Brad

Personally, i wouldnt buy one just for the hell of it. But if i was married and had a kid or two, and wanted a wagon of some sort. The stagea would def be in the list to look at and buy. with most things a bolt on mod from the r33's there are heaps of parts to bolt up to em, they can have some good power, and be a good family car as well without being too thirsty, aka ss wagons, hmmmm...

Personally, i wouldnt buy one just for the hell of it.  But if i was married and had a kid or two, and wanted a wagon of some sort.  The stagea would def be in the list to look at and buy. with most things a bolt on mod from the r33's there are heaps of parts to bolt up to em, they can have some good power, and be a good family car as well without being too thirsty, aka ss wagons, hmmmm...

hmmm i think they are very thirsty for a little 2.5l ;)

and gotta love the individuality as there are as many skylines as commo's these days

I was at Just Jap yesterday for an hour or so and every single person who walked in, while I was there, stopped and looked at the Stagea. Service stations are sometimes embarrasing, guys wander over while you are filling up and want to talk. Lots of people walk (out of their way) around the back and read the badges. Haven't had as many "what sort of Volvo waggon is that?" lately. When towing the R32GTST race car I have to be so carefull, people stare and forget to stop, don't use blinkers or take up my breaking distance when they drop in front to take a look.

I have gotten used to the attention, but the other members of the family still find it interesting.

:D cheers :(

I get quite a few opposite direction drivers double taking, i love it

get the occasional window down at the traffic lights

However, nobody takes me seriously when i rev them at the lights, and on that note, there are heaps of people that dont even notice at all (even import drivers)

i've had a few 'is that one of the new volvo's?' and a 'thats one of those skyline wagons isn't it?' other than that, it doesn't really attract that much attention.

Guess the fact that they pretty much are a R34 wagon isn't known well enough here for people to be intrigued, yet.

I dont get much attention, until I really give it that peoples heads turn and start asking questions.

I bought mine for one main reason, I needed room for two kids which my old R33 coupe just didnt cut it. I think it is a perfect family car, loads of room inside and the one I got it much faster (seat of the pants guage) and handles better than my old R33 with ~180rwkw. But factor in that the stagea had a but-load more mods, especially in the suspension deptartment as the R33 was running stock suspension.

Overall I love it, the feeling and performance of a GTR, with the space of a wagon. Without the attraction other imports get from the police.

Overall I love it, the feeling and performance of a GTR, with the space of a wagon. Without the attraction other imports get from the police.

Mate, what a comment; Id suggest its exactly what most of us Stagea owners think.

They are excellent cars, extremely versatile with performance to boot. Love the comments and the eye raising looks the car gets, generally 90% of the population don't know what a Stagea is. All the more pity to them...............

I personally would have liked the R34 tiptronic (I can see it becoming very popular over time), but saved 8k by buying this Series 1. Its a great car, and that 8k is going straight into general performance-orientated modifications. :D

I dont get much attention, until I really give it that peoples heads turn and start asking questions.

I bought mine for one main reason, I needed room for two kids which my old R33 coupe just didnt cut it. I think it is a perfect family car, loads of room inside and the one I got it much faster (seat of the pants guage) and handles better than my old R33 with ~180rwkw. But factor in that the stagea had a but-load more mods, especially in the suspension deptartment as the R33 was running stock suspension.

What mods have you got? :D

What mods have you got? :D

Mods:

R32 GTR 5sp manual gearbox w/ heavy duty gearset and C-West short shift kit

R34 GTR pedal box

R34 GTR clutch master/slave

Apexi PowerFC

Greddy Profec B Electronic Boost Controller

Hybrid Front Mount Intercooler, with Custom Piping

GBF Stealth BOV

Splitfire Coils

Adjustable Coilover Suspension

18” rims

Custom 3” Exhaust

Stagea RS260 centre console and handbrake assembly

Pioneer DEH-P6250 head unit

Nismo high-volume R33 GTR fuel pump

Greddy Turbo Timer

K&N Pod Filter

EDIT: All of the mods were on the stagea when I bought it.

I always get looks regardless of where i go. I have 18's, body coloured bumpers, it's lowered and has the 260RS wing, so i wouldn't say it looks like a stock stagea.

prime example was when i was in Newcastle this weekend just gone. went cruising down the foreshore, and my girlfriend was getting a little worried because everyone down there was staring at my car as it went past. when i parked and went to the beach, people came down and walked around the car to have a look

I've had a lot of older guys asking me about it at servo's while getting fuel, just asking how they drive etc. but the younger crowd certainly give it some attention becuase either they don't know what it is, or they know and don't see them very often. its great, so much more attention than my R33 used to get.

I'll see how it goes at the Bathurst 1000 this weekend. i wouldn't mind showing some commodore/falcon drivers how it's supposed to be done

I love starting my car with my electronic start in my remote (Its still locked when I do). In car parks at the shops, I can be close or far away and it will start with no one in it, people then really do look hard trying to see the driver in it but no one in there. Even better have the light on auto the they flick on too.

I also get quite a few looks from poeple walking , other cars that sort of thing too.

I get an amazing amout of 'sideways' glances at the lights... people checking out the car but not wanting to be caught checking out the car!

Only a couple of people have known what the car actually is, either they were Jap car lovers or Playstation 2 gran-turismo fanatics

sounds like they get same sort of reactions everywhere :D

i had a young couple trying to catch me in traffic and they where giving me the thumbs up and looking at the car all over while driving alongside haha :lol:

went to petrol station in it first day with the 26 in it, and i had big cooler and NO bumper and it sure got some looks, and then i had a flat battery and it wouldnt start, people walking around it.

when i pull up at lights it idles really lumpy and people must think its a drag engine in a volvo haha (was bloody loud and idleing at about 1500rpm or something with rotational idle) :unsure:

Overall I love it, the feeling and performance of a GTR, with the space of a wagon.

Nah, sorry, dont agree with that. After owning an R33 GTR before the stagea and owning an R33 Gtst before that I can safely say that the GTR package as a whole is far superior to the Stagea and the Gtst with both performance, braking, handling etc. I have recently been considering dropping an RB26 in my stag when I do the manual conversion later this year. Altho, an RB30 bottom end is also attractive.

hey prank i was gonna comment on that but i kept queit :P

so that comment about being close to a gtr is rubbish. different engine, diff, gearbox, brakes, axles, weight, handling, only thing the same is the attessa 4wd and in that case people with r32 gts4's should be saying they have a gtr more than you stagea owners, as the r32 is atleast the same shape car (yet has nuthin in common with gtr either)