SAU Community

R32 Rotor Upgrade

BasketCase

Hey I have a r32 5 stud conversion on my ceffy but the rotors are almost gone, and I think its time for some more stopping power

So whats the go with rotor conversions is it easy to get the appropriate 'bridges' (i don't know the real term) for the calipers to sit correctly on larger rotors?

I have no idea on the topic, so any help from you lads that have done any similar conversions would be much appreciated!

-CC when I have all the know how and the bits, there will be pictures, then I'll have an article to post on Cefiroz.com.au

Thanks

I wouldnt really bother trying to run (from my understanding) something like GTR rotors on GTST calipers - just get yourself some DBA 5000 series rotors for your caliper size and be done with it.

JK

Actually, just get yourself....

Some slotted rotors, either the RDAs or the DBAs and get some RB74 pads with them. Make sure you read the instructions on bedding them in.

Then get a good quality brake fluid, atm I have the motul 600 stuff in there, works nice.

And if you have about $600 left, get a brake booster stopper, and some braided lines.

Id think you will find the rotors and pads to be enough, the fluid is only $30 or so anyway, so may as well do that.

Thats what I have done anyway, the car pulls up rather quick. And I havent touched the rears brakes yet.

If you want bigger brakes you'll need matching calipers and rotors. All the Nissan 4 pot calipers use the same mounting lugs. About the best option is the R32 GT-R setup or the R33 GTSt setup - 296mm Rotors.

Jash

If you want bigger brakes you'll need matching calipers and rotors. All the Nissan 4 pot calipers use the same mounting lugs. About the best option is the R32 GT-R setup or the R33 GTSt setup - 296mm Rotors.

Jash