SAU Community

paintwork scratches

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

whats the best way to get scratches out of you paint work???

on the bonet of my car there is a couple of small hair line scratches.. and i want to get them out, also on my front bumber there is a large scratch, and i would like to know if its possible to cover it up or hide it...

Guest Boxhead

yeah thr problem is i dont really have that muchmoney to go take it to someone to proffesionally do it, i was just curious if anyone knew from experience what is the best cut and polish etc, or any handy hints yaknow...

Guest Boxhead

yes exactly my point $200-$300 that i do not have, i am in debt, amd broke.. and un employed.. need i say more?

Guest Boxhead

yes i shoudl join up, but my situation is not good, mum and her bf now make too much money so i cant get much, and im living at home, there point of view is work to get money.. so they dont gimme any, then why wont someone employ me!

Boxcar... thats easily fixed....

One morning i came out to my 200 in the garage to find that after i got home the previous night a cat found my bonnet so warm and cosy that it try to tear it up like carpet.... HUGE scratches all over it..

solution: a good power drill (you or a mate will have one) and a meguiars buffing pad ($20 or so from auto barn)

apply polish to the area and use the buffing attachment.

should remove it no problems. I used this on my bonnet and you couldnt see ONE scratch.....

Guest DAZSPC

Indeed the power buff does wonders if used properly, but do yourself a favour and be REALLY carefull. I don't know if buffing pads have had a big improvement recently but i recall a nasty incident involving myself, and a proper buff borrowed from a panelbeater mate and some god awful burn marks on my bonnet that required professional repair.

Guest Boxhead

well i used that top meguairs wax.. gold class today... mmhmm its damn good.. most of the scratches arent evedint... and the damn stuff smells nice too... but the ones that im worried about are still there, i actually think they have gone through the paint... so maybe im rooted.. ohwell.. ill give you suggestions a go.. thanx guys