SAU Community

Tyre Blowout After 20 000 Kms..

ch0pstA~

Hey all

I just recently got my R33 GTS-T back after 2 weeks off the road to replace a blown turbo.... and after 10 mins of driving it i blew a rear tyre.

I was told (and shown) by my local tyre place that the inside wall of all four tyres are cracked... and the rear left on was so cracked it blew, and the other rear one was on its way out so it was replaced as well.

The problem is.... i paid $350 EACH for these tyres in march of this year, and they have travelled only 20 000kms from new...

They are Falken... 235/45ZR19... and they guy said the cracking is due to such an extremely low profile... but i realised to myself afterwards that the tyres that were on the car before i replaced the whole set were the exact same tyres and had no cracks whatsoever, only the tread was worn to dangerous levels...

And the tread on the tyres i just had replaced was fine...?

Im confused... should the above mentioned tyres lasted more than 20 000kms? Remembering tread is fine....

Car in stock, unmodified...

Hey all

I just recently got my R33 GTS-T back after 2 weeks off the road to replace a blown turbo.... and after 10 mins of driving it i blew a rear tyre.

I was told (and shown) by my local tyre place that the inside wall of all four tyres are cracked... and the rear left on was so cracked it blew, and the other rear one was on its way out so it was replaced as well.

The problem is.... i paid $350 EACH for these tyres in march of this year, and they have travelled only 20 000kms from new...

They are Falken... 235/45ZR19...  and they guy said the cracking is due to such an extremely low profile... but i realised to myself afterwards that the tyres that were on the car before i replaced the whole set were the exact same tyres and had no cracks whatsoever, only the tread was worn to dangerous levels...

And the tread on the tyres i just had replaced was fine...?

Im confused... should the above mentioned tyres lasted more than 20 000kms? Remembering tread is fine....

Car in stock, unmodified...

Interesting i've got the same tyres but in 235/45/17 i wouldnt call them extreemly low profile though as i've seen 35's too and theres a large difference.

This happened to my mate (crack then blow out) who ran kuhmos at a 35mm profile he took the tyres back to the seller and he replaced them for him for free with sumitomo's I think.