SAU Community

Help Nsw Rego

Dr_GTST

Hey guys, this is the situation, ive been living temporarily in nsw and im going back home to south oz in a month. Ive just recently found a car that im after over here and im going to transfer it over to sa rego. Just been searching the rta website and its left me a little confused on what to do.

Blue slip- Do i need roadworthy if the car already has rego on it?

Green slip- can i get a cover note?

Thanks for any help. The systems a bit confusing for a newbee!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, this is the situation, ive been living  temporarily in nsw and im going back home to south oz in a month. Ive just recently found a car that im after over here and im going to transfer it over to sa rego. Just been searching the rta website and its left me a little confused on what to do.

Blue slip- Do i need roadworthy if the car already has rego on it?

Green slip- can i get a cover note?

Thanks for any help. The systems a bit confusing for a newbee!

if it has rego on it already..no need to get blueslip...and green slip only when your car is about to run out of rego...and needs to be renewed

If you are going to transfer a NSW registered car over to SA, then you would have to meet the SA registration requirements. If you wish to transfer the NSW registration into your name first, then all you would have to do is fill out the back of the registration certificate and go into an RTA office and do the transfer, with stamp duty (3% of car cost) and a small fee payable.